Tales From The Tyee Pool...........2019...

Thanks for everything Dave, You have a rod holder for life over here on the other side of the pond. See ya next year, A little earlier of course.

Once again enjoyed your stories Dave, you are a true sportsman and an ambassador to our sport.

Now we sit until next year once again.

Thanks for everything Dave, You have a rod holder for life over here on the other side of the pond. See ya next year, A little earlier of course.

You are welcome in my boat anytime Shannon, and a bit earlier next year might just be the ticket.

See you then and wishing you all the best until then.

Take care.

One of my favorite as well,Dave.Thank you again for letting us all here live vicariously through your talented story telling.Until next year.

Thanks Dave one of my favorite reads every year. On the bucket list and would hope to X it off sooner then later. Have a great winter and dream of next year, your do for one soon.

My personal rods (3 of them) are all Rich-Make #760's, representing 7' 6" long, but I don't know what blanks they used.

I'll find out for you and let you know.

Should be some knowledgeable types at the clubhouse tonight, end of season and all that.

Catch you later.

Take care.
So cool as I'm a huge fan of Richmake Rods. Previous poster is correct that most of Richmake rods were Lamiglass blanks.
My most favorite Coho rod was a 7' Richmake!

Thanks Dave for all you do for the community and hope you continue for at least another decade or three.

Thank you Dave for another great articled evidentiary acclaim of the awe enspiring Tyee Pool 2019. Love hearing the stories about yours and your fellow rowers trials and tribulations. A pleasure to read every year, and something every angler should experience at least once in their lifetime.

Oly

Thanks Dave for another fine thread. This is always my favorite read of the year on this forum. I hope to get up there some day and fish with you.

Sincerely,
The aforementioned stickler.

Thanks for another great run of stories. This is my favorite thread of the year. One day i would love a tour of the tyee pool. Have a great off season.

Dave H
We all appreciate you sharing your great stories with us, and look forward to more in the future.
Stay well!
Adios Amigo
Stosh

Thanks for the best fishing reports on the web. Maybe take it to the next level some time? I know you've got a lot more stories stashed, so how about a book? "From Surfing Bum to Tyee Guide"

Thanks to all of you for your very kind words. I truly appreciate them. Who wouldn't? :)

As always, it's been lots of fun doing this the past number of years and it's always nice to have your efforts applauded, particularly if you're just a wanna-be writer such as I.

I enjoy story telling, and I enjoy the comedic parts of life, often found where least expected. Here's an example of that.

If you go to YouTube and type in "tales from the tyee pool" in the search box at top of page, the trailer from what Josh has on tape pops up, top of the list.

If you scroll down a bit and check the other options you'll come across the following: "Fishing for Huge Salmon in a Rowboat," a home-made video about Tyee fishing.

Now, I don't really consider myself the ultimate expert on things like this, but is that really fair?

I mean, how much space is there in a rowboat and where could the salmon hide?

And if you hook one, how much fight can they put up, being so confined and all that?

I think what we do, fishing for huge salmon in the ocean, FROM a rowboat, is much more difficult. :p

Know what I mean? :D

Anyway, thanks again for your kindnesses, any and all of you are welcome to spend time in my boat next year. Contact me after I start up again next July 15th. and we'll find you a spot. I reserve no dates for anyone before then, and it's first come first served.

And I might even share the story of surviving a shart attack, then falling in and hurting myself trying to avoid being caught on the beach in the surf, being generated by a passing cruise ship.

Or not. :D

Take care.

Always a pleasure to meet up again with you Dave, and to enjoy a few laps around the pool. One of these days a fish will find its way into that rowboat.
You have all winter now to practice your gondola singing repertoire:)

Last edited:
You have a unique ability to give the reader the sense of what it is like during each and every tide you fish, the trials and tribulations, the ebb and flow so to speak. Thanks again for taking the time to share with us the experiences you have with the rowing community and your guests. I am very much looking forward to next years "Tales from the Tyee pool" and hopefully the bell will toll for you and your guests next year.

Back