Tales From The Tyee Pool.......2014....

Dave H

And so another season arrives and the honor of being the first boat to fish the pool this year goes to this guy and his rodholder out in a Painters boat.
Don't know who but props anyway.

Got my boat all ready to row but she looks lonely at the moment, being the only one at the dock right now.

Time to get the reels on the rods and my spoons polished up I guess.

See ya all later.

Take care.

Hi Dave, I'm surprised you weren't out there rowing along with them! Hope to see you soon and give it another go.

Yay! Really enjoyed last year's Tyee Pool thread, glad to see reporting is live again for 2014.

Looks like Randy K. out in the pool. He doesn't want to get beat out of the first fish this year.

Looks like Randy K. out in the pool. He doesn't want to get beat out of the first fish this year.

Not Randy and given he got the first, last and two more inbetween last year I'm pretty sure he's not terribly concerned about that this year............................................yet. lol

He certainly has a heckuva record getting the first one though.

He's a really good Tyee rower but doesn't use an Oak Bay Marine rowboat.

And you're welcome to come try from my boat anytime Walter, and anyone else as far as that goes.

Take care.

Good luck this year,Dave.I've really enjoyed reading your reports here.Thanks for sharing them all with us!

how much does it cost for a boat and guide in the tyee pool for a night? my dad has always wanted to give it a whirl and i figure i might treat him to it.

how much does it cost for a boat and guide in the tyee pool for a night? my dad has always wanted to give it a whirl and i figure i might treat him to it.

Hi JuBy. The cost for a boat and guide from Painter's Lodge is $199 for two people. Hopefully we'll see you at the resort this season!

If you are in Campbell River, drop by the clubhouse on the Tyee Spit. It is open to the public, and the weighmasters in residence are friendly and welcoming. They will show you what the club is all about (beyond catching a fish), give you some history, the club rules, and they will have a number of business cards from local guides that row. When the season is "on" (most of the fishing takes place from Aug 10? to Sept 15) stay for the after dark campfire, always some of the guides in attendance, and some good quality BS flowing.

Needing a reason to bump this thread I'm posting an "action shot" from last year. LOL

Just prior to netting an undersize.

We didn't even weigh it, but it tasted good.

Take care

Hi Dave,
I sent you a P message, let me know if it doesn't come through.

A "P" message eh??

I'll have to get my dog Buddy to answer for me I guess.

He's really good at P-mails. LOL

Take care.

Bumping to update things.

Things are slow Tyee-wise but crazy good for Pinks.

In case you didn't see this pic, here's a whack of them at the hatchery fence a day ago or so.

Lots more heading in today as well.

Wind came up tonite and discouraged much effort for Tyee.

I'll be phoning my trusy rowers as we get closer to the weekend.

Not great looking tides ahead either but someone has to catch the first one.

Take care.

IMG_0524_zps8f101022.jpg

Bumping to update things.

Things are slow Tyee-wise but crazy good for Pinks.

In case you didn't see this pic, here's a whack of them at the hatchery fence a day ago or so.

Lots more heading in today as well.

Wind came up tonite and discouraged much effort for Tyee.

I'll be phoning my trusy rowers as we get closer to the weekend.

Not great looking tides ahead either but someone has to catch the first one.

Take care.

IMG_0524_zps8f101022.jpg
All I can say is WOW..................

Quick update.

I rowed a fellow named Larry last nite, mostly for the exercise as there's still no sign of anything but Pinks hanging about.

Good little workout and got a new guy interested in trying again plus made a new friend.

It's all good.

Take care.

A dozen hopefuls under a waxing moon, a Pool full of Pinks and a couple of cruise ships were all out tonite but the wily Tyee were absent.

Damn them!

Damn them all to heck!!

But somebody will catch one soon, and then the game will be on for real.

Stay tuned.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Take care.

Nearly noon Monday and so far we have a big fat NADA for the Pool.

No strikes, no undersize, not even any show-offs.

We still have Pinks though. LOL

Soon.............................hopefully.

Hang in there faithful rodholders, I'll call you when there's a reason to.

Take care.

You know it's pretty slow when the only fish reported as being caught in the Tyee Pool tonite was a Cabezon.

Not quite what they were after, but hey............ya never know when you feel that hit and you make that strike what it's going to be.

And that's one of the neat things about fishing.

Take care.

Back