SVIAC's $20,000 Gold Bar Fund Raising Raffe

profisher

Last night our board approved our next fund raising effort. I've been given permission to apply to the gaming branch for our next raffle and it will be a big one! I felt we need to put on a raffle that will pay for an entire year's operating budget for the Sooke Chinook net pen. We have been told we will be releasing another 630-650,000 Chinook smolts in 2021 and it looks good for that number to increase to 1 million in 2022.
Gold Fever will be the next raffle. We will print 2000 tickets at $50.00 per ticket. 1st prize will be a $20,000 gold bar, 2nd $1,000.00 in silver coins and we will draw 10 tickets and those ticket holders will get their $50.00 ticket price returned. After prize costs and a small marketing expense a sold out raffle will produce $75,000 in proceeds for the net pen. That almost covers a typical years expenses for the pen effort. BTW... because of Covid and our normal donation sources not being in position to contribute this year we are presently backwards $45.000 on this years net pen which released 650,000 Chinook. This raffle will not wrap up in time to help pay for this years short fall. Please consider helping this effort with a donation.
We agreed to get tickets for this raffle on sale asap. It will take up to 10 weeks for approval for the Class A license. We also agreed to make June 1st 2021 the draw date. This gives us maximum time to sell the 2000 tickets and wraps the raffle up just as our 2021 net pen expenses are due to be paid. (Chinook smolts are typically delivered in late April and are all released by late May) We will also have a $1,000 cash early bird draw for those who buy their tickets by December 25th, 2020.
I'm posting this now to get the word out sooner than later and hope that everyone will buy tickets and support the only remaining net pen project in BC (2020) with the only Chinook that received wire coded tags in 2020. (100,000) We will be asking DFO to allow us to mark 100% next year. I will keep you informed as to when tickets will be available for sale.
Tickets- will represent plots of land and will be numbered A 1 to 200, B 1 to 200 with the last letter being J. So that there is 10 parcels of land (a thru J) with 200 plots per parcel. You can pick your parcel and plot number when you buy. If available we will send you that ticket which means you hold the lease on that plot of land. We will do an assay of the parcels (first draw) by writing the 10 letters A thru J on a piece of paper and drawing 3 of them from a hat. These 3 parcels will be deemed to have enough riches in them to be explored further. If as an example parcels C, F and H are drawn then all the tickets in those 3 parcels (C 1-200, F 1-200 and H 1-200) will be explored further for riches and the final draw from those remaining tickets will determine who has found the gold bar and the silver coins. The 10 free ticket draws will be drawn from all the tickets sold. (except the gold bar and silver coin winners)
I hope you will help by buying a ticket and telling your friends. The prizes not being fishing specific allow us to reach people outside of the fishing community. So anyone who wants to support salmon, fisheries, whales or just a good cause with a chance to win a good investment can justify supporting us.

Back