Suspension Seats

galspal

Hey Guys,

After the last couple weeks of getting beat around in my boat I am thinking its time to upgrade to some suspension seats. Was wondering what everyone was using and if anyone had any pointers as what to look for?

Thanks!

I personally use old office chair bases
Free and works like a charm for ten years now...fully adjustable.. approximately
3-1/2 inches of travel that never
bottoms out... even with some of my larger passenger s...

Check out these guys: https://www.smoothmovesseats.com/shop/

I installed one on a pedestal over a year ago and it works great. Reasonably priced and they have a distributor in Alberta.

index.php

Long live naturally spawning salmon!!!

I have first gen S5 seats. Yes they are expensive. However after using them for a whole season I can tell you that they are a game changer, Properly set-up and adjusted I NO LONGER have to stand up or lean to drive the boat, even in 3 meter seas. Not sure if I would still be guiding without them or, suffer bigger back problems than I have already...
A few of the guys have the Smooth Moves and seem to be happy with them but, seem to be quite bouncy.
One other note: My 1st gen seats are welded stainless tubing with Bentley River Runner seats mounted on the base. Way more cushioning than the newer stock units. The newer bases are cast aluminum. Some sqwaking about lose fasteners on those as well.

I personally use old office chair bases
Free and works like a charm for ten years now...fully adjustable.. approximately
3-1/2 inches of travel that never
bottoms out... even with some of my larger passenger s...
Do you have a picture? Would like to see point of attachment

Reactions: abl
oh i may be able to...but id have
to skid ya...lol top secret and all
that but all that have perched upon these babies have had nothing but praise for these modern day miracles....

The tractor seats from PA are great. for 99$ a piece they are way better than the C shaped leaf i had in there before. Have had them for 3 years now with no issues. They are heavy as all though, and yes steel so enclosed cabin only (i have one) and have not had any corrosion on them at all. the Chinese grease they come with really stinks though, i wiped it clean and put less offensive stuff on them when i installed them.

Last edited:
oh i may be able to...but id have
to skid ya...lol top secret and all
that but all that have perched upon these babies have had nothing but praise for these modern day miracles....
I confused are you providing a picture or its top secret?

im sorry. i ll dont have any but i ll try and post one..they ve been adapted for a bench application with a checker plate tacked on part way up the outer sliding shell ....
If u have no obstruction below. .
ie a flat floor with no storage box u could
simply take any old office chair or your
choice ...remove the 5 castors..
drill and tap ..gun screw or use 1/4 in flat head wood screws to anchor down to deck...

sitting in most office chairs u will see how durable and supportive they can be...
will post my application soon...

Ya I was looking at putting the shaft inside my post. Maybe splitting the post or something. I picture next time your at your boat would help me out. Thank you

ok..here you go...fully adjustable for
hight and 3-1/4 inches of gas charged travel that has never bottomed out.
unlike most others i have had the pleasure to adorned. ..

20180913_160128.jpg

been in service for a decade now and so far the only ones ive seen.
best yet ..they were free during spring
clean up.

So far there has been shock wave and smooth move but when you look on like there seems to be far other options, most of which are out of the US focused on jet boats. I would like something that swivels if im buy the entire seat also.

Back