Support for California Salmon Hatchery fund

Sushihunter

I just got this email from a friend of mine from California. If any of you could write a quick letter in support, it would help the California Hatchery Program.

Sushihunter (Jim Pook)

I need your help,

I hate to put you under the gun but this needs to go out by tomorrow.
We are looking at all solutions for our salmon season, and we will leave no stone not turned.

The letter that is below is one part of a solution, and we have until tomorrow to send a message to Representative Mike Thompson.

Please cut and paste this letter, or write a few words of your own and E-Mail Jonathan Birdsong.
Thank you
Bob Franko

Jonathan Birdsong, staff to

Representative Mike Thompson
231 Cannon Office Building
Washington, DC 20515

jonathan.birdsong@mail.house.gov

Support for California Salmon Hatchery Reform funding:

As a recreational salmon fisherman I am concerned that we have recently experienced no fishing opportunities as a result of poor returns to the Sacramento River system. Recognizing that there is limited habitat for wild fish production, and that hatchery fish are absolutely essential to maintaining a sustainable fishery, it is critical that our state and federal hatcheries be operated in a manner that maximizes protections for wild fish while producing harvestable quantities of fish. A necessary step in assessing hatchery operations and ensuring optimum hatchery operations is to understand the science behind modern hatchery operations and the interaction of these fish with wild stocks. To enable these investigations it is required to distinguish between wild and hatchery fish; and 100% mass marking of hatchery fish provides that mechanism.

Consequently I support funding of scientific studies to address hatchery reform in California and to evaluate management measures that will achieve these objectives. We encourage you to include $4.5 Million ($3.0M for adipose fin marking equipment, and $1.5M for hatchery reform studies) for California as part of the congressionally funded hatchery review program within the FY2010 appropriations.

With this appropriation, recreational salmon fisherman may again see an opportunity for a sustainable ocean fishery. Thank you for your past and ongoing support of our salmon fishery.

Your Name
Your Address
Your Phone

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Well, Senator Thompson has heard us loud and clear, we received a note from Jonathan Birdsong that we have flooded their email and the message has been overwhelming in support of hatchery reform.

They have asked as courtesy to stop the emails so they can get some work done.....so we can all rest easy on this little campaign, the goal has been achieved.

Thanks to all the sent emails, we can get things done, but we need to take a few minutes out of every day to make a difference.

Thanks again,

Chris Hall
President, Coastside Fishing Club

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Well, Senator Thompson has heard us loud and clear, we received a note from Jonathan Birdsong that we have flooded their email and the message has been overwhelming in support of hatchery reform.

They have asked as courtesy to stop the emails so they can get some work done.....so we can all rest easy on this little campaign, the goal has been achieved.

Thanks to all the sent emails, we can get things done, but we need to take a few minutes out of every day to make a difference.

Thanks again,

Chris Hall
President, Coastside Fishing Club

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Back