Sunshine Coast marine repair/maintenance

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by Pearl dog, May 19, 2019.

1. Pearl dog

Pearl dog Active Member

Hi,
    Any recommendation for a shop or mobile mechanic on the Sunshine Coast? 40 horse 2 stroke Yamaha and cable steering needs some attention. It’s for my sister..
    Thanks

2. Fish Camp

Fish Camp Well-Known Member

You have a F40 what year?we hear online can help .share with us and we can show you how to jump the remote control for easyer trouble shoot.as for cable steer I found a life expectancy of steering about 5 years of new install . your new hydrolic resivior might put you seat out.

3. Pearl dog

Pearl dog Active Member

Thanks but she will need a mechanic. Likely a new steering cable and water pump.

4. TheHurtLocker

TheHurtLocker Crew Member

You can look them up. All are about a month to 6 weeks from taking you in. I've had my boat at my guy's for almost 6 weeks, just for regular maintenance, timing belt, impeller etc.

5. Burban

Burban Well-Known Member

I use Quantum Marine in Sechelt. Like Hurtlocker said, don't be in a hurry... they're swamped this time of year.

6. Ripperoflips

Ripperoflips Member

Gary"s mobile marine service, you can get his phone# from the bitterend in Gibsons.

7. wildthing

wildthing Well-Known Member

yep all the guys on the coast are busy
    even seen Gary this am and hes out swinging spanners under the rain drops....lol
    bless him ...
    but highly recommended ....

8. Pearl dog

Pearl dog Active Member

Thanks to all