Sturgeon

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Forum' started by Normfish, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Jencourt

Jencourt Well-Known Member

Ya exactly that. Could not make a fist that evening. The funniest thing was wen I tried to take some Advil, My left bicep and forearm where so jacked I could not get my hand to my mouth the normal way.

Here is a quote of part of a text my fishing partner sent on Monday.

Also have gunnel knee, butt belly, line hand, reel finger and all other associated aches and pains!!”

Made me laugh a bit, that did.

Might just be addicted as you say. Have
    Not stopped thinking about that trip all week! Can’t wait get back there for more!!!

Big Green Machine likes this.
  2. Jon

Jon Member

Im headed out with a group from work this weekend for 2 days of guided sturgeon adventures . Looking forward to it

Jencourt likes this.
  3. Normfish

Normfish Well-Known Member

Was out yesterday, saw a few caught , and caught a little 3 footer ourselves

4. Jon

Jon Member

Weekend was a blast we got a 75” and one of our other group landed an 86” today too.

5. Normfish

Were you in the 2 boats anchored beside eachother on Saturday , Blue boat and a White boat Jon ?

6. Jon

Jon Member

No don’t think that was us. We were in a blue boat but the other 2 groups were in black boats we all kinda of split up and did our own things

7. 4x4Dennis

4x4Dennis New Member

We've caught 3 green Sturgeon since I took up the fishery. The first one was on a guided trip. The other 2 on my boat.

Our guide claimed these are ocean fresh fish that don't migrate to high in the Fraser. All 3 that I hooked were in the Fort Langley area. 7', 8,2 and 8.4. Their fight is very strong and one fish was a metallic green. Very shiny.

I have a friend that dives west coast of Van Island and they see many green sturgeon at the mouth of some creeks and rivers. He said almost all were between 4-5 ft with the odd 6 ft mixed in.

Normfish, Dogbreath and islandboy like this.
  8. agentaqua

agentaqua Well-Known Member

Interesting that the green sturgeon like the West Coast of Vancouver Island so much. I wonder what the attraction is? feeding?

9. Fishtofino

Fishtofino Well-Known Member

I’ve seen several jumping near Tofino

10. Normfish

Was out on Sunday , 4 to the boat , one just over 7 feet. Pink roe, lamprey , and pink meat all caught fish

Attached Files:

Jon likes this.