Stock market

Wait until the next batch of earnings calls and the one after that, this is a bounce before the dip before the bounce before the dip...and so on.

Wait until the next batch of earnings calls and the one after that, this is a bounce before the dip before the bounce before the dip...and so on.

That’s why I’m contemplating selling what I bought last week that is now up 20%

I'm an investor but a nimble trader would sell into this bear market rally. The temptation for some of us is to breathe a sigh of relief that the recent waterfall decline is over and jump back into this market. However, history suggests that a more typical scenario is for a prolonged basing and testing period that includes a breaching of the waterfall lows. Neither financial nor technical analysis will affirm the last 3 days as forming a bottom or even less so, as initiating a new bull market.

upload_2020-3-27_8-16-4.jpeg

Barrel of Western Canadian Select: $6.45 US ($9.08 Cdn); Barrel of Monkeys: $9.99 .... "Crude from Canadian oil sands could well approach zero over the coming weeks," says a research note from JBC Energy. Ouch!

Cheers!

Ukee

Yeah and they called the oil workers essentials service and to keep the wells at 100%.

Dumb move pumping more product into a market where you can’t even give it away.

Like 80% of the vehicles in my complex have not left their driveways in the last week.

Yeah and they called the oil workers essentials service and to keep the wells at 100%.

Like 80% of the vehicles in my complex have not left their driveways in the last week.

It is worse than not being able to give it away. I understand there is currently so much over produced and unsold product world wide, that the storage charges are killer and some is having to be stored in tankers, which is particularly expensive.

That can't last forever only so many storage locations. The saudis have the taps wide open and will fill every tanker as warehouse space as they play their pricing games with the markets.

Saudi Arabia has a high quality product and a very low cost of production. Other producers, with poor quality products and/or high production costs will be driven from the market. We now have abundant global supply and a deteriorating market, a classic situation for lower prices. Saudi Arabia will liquidate resources ahead of the pack making tar sands and shale deposits stranded assets.

View attachment 51528

Barrel of Western Canadian Select: $6.45 US ($9.08 Cdn); Barrel of Monkeys: $9.99 .... "Crude from Canadian oil sands could well approach zero over the coming weeks," says a research note from JBC Energy. Ouch!

Cheers!

Ukee
It doesn't take a genius to know that single commodity provinces are going to feel extreme pain when the boom ends. Alberta had from like 2000 till the price of oil tanked in 2014 to put huge dollars into diversifying their economy, but they convinced themselves that the boom would last forever. While no one could have really predicted the situation we have today, you had to know that the ride couldn't last.

It doesn't take a genius to know that single commodity provinces are going to feel extreme pain when the boom ends. Alberta had from like 2000 till the price of oil tanked in 2014 to put huge dollars into diversifying their economy, but they convinced themselves that the boom would last forever. While no one could have really predicted the situation we have today, you had to know that the ride couldn't last.

Boys there is hardly a province that doesn’t have single commodity income. Have you ever looked it up. BC relies on real estate more than AB relies on oil and gas, do some research on it, do some comparisons. You have to use what you have everybody does. Not saying they couldn’t have done a better job but it’s not like any other province is any better. Look at Ont when the manufacturing power of the country drops Ont takes a hit, that’s just the way it is.

Attachments

• AF55BA3C-8922-4189-863A-F16639DB62D8.png
    AF55BA3C-8922-4189-863A-F16639DB62D8.png
    574.2 KB · Views: 10
  • C0F10C55-F11C-4417-A6A2-37874877E00E.png
    C0F10C55-F11C-4417-A6A2-37874877E00E.png
    578.5 KB · Views: 9
Boys there is hardly a province that doesn’t have single commodity income. Have you ever looked it up. BC relies on real estate more than AB relies on oil and gas, do some research on it, do some comparisons. You have to use what you have everybody does. Not saying they couldn’t have done a better job but it’s not like any other province is any better. Look at Ont when the manufacturing power of the country drops Ont takes a hit, that’s just the way it is.
The real test is if your primary commodity tanks how strong are your secondaries. You are absolutely right in that every province has a number one industry they primarily rely on. The job of the politicians is to ensure there is no over reliance and that the have a plan B. Easier said than done, because most voters don’t want to look long term and prefer instant gratification and most politicians want to be re-elected so guess what?

Back