Stock market

I'm still waiting. No buying option even in the radar at this point.

This. Unless you have some cash and you're strategy has you already heavily into equities, and you're trying to average down, and your squeezes are all covered (hahaha), then I'd step into this market to try a slice. But I firmly think the race to the bottom is not yet in sight. At all. I would be waiting toward the end of the year personally, once the earnings come out from these affected quarters the blood on the floor is going to be even more epic.

You can’t go wrong with bank stock. It’s trading at 60% of peak. If they don’t bounce back our problems are unsolvable. They are the bell weather for our economy. They pay good dividends. You can borrow and the fund interest cost of the purchase with the dividends. It’s a no brainer now with borrowing costs so low. The only question is time. When will it bounce back. 6 months or 2 years, and can you stand the stress of waiting. Don’t act on my advice. Make sure you do your homework and what you do fits your profile. I know what I’m doing.

This current crisis is like no other I've seen and it is painful. But people will continue to need products and services, and stock prices are nearing a level where you need to start focusing on the ensuing recovery. Markets will go lower, but long-term success is now becoming more dependent on being positioned for the upside than avoiding the last stages of the down.

is it true that with cash in the bank, that if the rates go below zero, savings become a liability? I don't know much about these things.. never owned stock.. thinking about some blue chip/bank stock purchases. was advice from a buddy.

is it true that with cash in the bank, that if the rates go below zero, savings become a liability? I don't know much about these things.. never owned stock.. thinking about some blue chip/bank stock purchases. was advice from a buddy.
I friendly suggest that if you don't know much about stocks then you should be very wary about accepting and acting on advice from a buddy (as good as his intentions are).
Yes, stocks have taken a hammering and there would appear to be a lot of bargains out there but with the market going up and down on a daily basis we don't really know what's in store .
Even the so-called financial experts can't agree with each other where the market is going under the current situation.
So advice would be,hang back and try and get some professional advice before dipping your toes in the water.
As far as your money making zero in the bank.Ask yourself if you would be happier with zero interest on your savings or buying stocks only to see them crash in value because of the current volatility.
Once again ,hang back,let the dust settle and get advice or educate yourself on the stock market.
There are a lot of financial sites that give free information eg Morningstar, Seeking Alpha, Yahoo Finance, and your own bank will have an investing section.
Good luck!

cash transfer to safety deposit box scheduled. lol

Weird thing, I opened a safety deposit box for work a couple of years ago.
Read the agreement. I am not allowed to store cash or precious metals?
WTF? Just my pokeman collection?
Probably something to do with money laundering and terrorism or insurance, but really, no cash allowed in a safety deposit box?

Weird thing, I opened a safety deposit box for work a couple of years ago.
Read the agreement. I am not allowed to store cash or precious metals?
WTF? Just my pokeman collection?
Probably something to do with money laundering and terrorism or insurance, but really, no cash allowed in a safety deposit box?

I will be asking about that one... odd.. something I have always done. just not any substantial amounts, I wish.

What you can do with your stash is put it in a high interest savings account-no,not the big banks.
Companies like the EQ bank offer a rate of 2% on your money without it being tied up.
It’s an internet bank(there’s a bunch of them) and your money has the same guaranteed deposit insurance as the big banks,called CIDC.
They guarantee the first 100k per person.
2% is not a lot but it beats the big banks and your money is accessible and just as safe ,up to a 100k.

Back