Still looking for new boat

Rayvon

I sold my 206 Double Eagle earlier this summer and really miss being out on the water.So I've been scouring the internet trying to find a good clean used boat in the 18-23 ft. trailerable range with 4-stroke outboard power. I guess everybody has been out using their boats because nothing has shown up to look at.Now that summer is winding down I'm hoping that someone realizes that they won't have time to use their boat or for whatever reason would consider selling their boat or maybe you know someone like that.I have a decent budget to work with ($20-$45K) so I'm hoping to find something with low hours. Cash in hand private deal. Thanks,Ray I'm in Victoria.

Last edited:
Hey Rayvon, My brother has recently podded a 20' DE with a hardtop and alaska cabin. I think the boat is a 96 or 98 and is sharp looking (white and blue colour scheme). The power is a Yamaha F225 not sure of the hours, but I think its relatively low. Its not explicitly listed for sale yet as I don't think the doghouse has been dealt with yet. Let me know if you have any interest and I can put you in contact.

I'm not necessarily looking for another DE,the 206 has 6ft.3in. headroom which I need,the older models are too low. I'm considering a C-dory 22 but I'm worried about the flat bottom ride in a chop.

I'm not necessarily looking for another DE,the 206 has 6ft.3in. headroom which I need,the older models are too low. I'm considering a C-dory 22 but I'm worried about the flat bottom ride in a chop.
I rented a C-dory 25 from Desolation Sound Yacht Charters. I'm 6'5" and it was nice to be able to stand up in the cabin (though I kept banging my head on the way in and out). Boat was good on fuel and other C-dory owners I met were very passionate about them. I wasn't a fan of the ride in the chop. Ended up going in the opposite direction: bought a Bertram 26 that rides nice but is pretty thirsty.

I owned a 22 dory and it was a great boat. I added rear steering which was nice for fishing. They make a high top model which is best for tall people. They do beat ya in the chop but you can stay on step at a slow speed which helps. They are really stable when trolling and at rest. The 25 ride much better than the 22. The cape cruiser or new model 23 c dory venture has a nicer ride also

Yup, there is no going 30mph in chops in my C-dory it's the 25 but a light boat compared to most loaded Seasports/Grady's. Most of the guides seem to be selling their Aluminums and buying heavy grady's I'm assuming for the ride in chop? You hit your head coming out the c-dory door about 5 times no matter how tall you are and then you've learned! There are a few 22's owned by members on here and there is even what looks like a 28 out in Sidney but a whole different beast!

This might be a good alternative to the C-Dory 25 and the price is right. It's a lot of cake but you might find a boat partner to split it and it might be good for Tuna runs! https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/28-Baha-Cruisers-286-Year-2004-Diesel-Powered_31941611

I've seen the Baha Cruiser,it looks very nice and great power but reviews online aren't very good and over budget.If I go aluminum it will be welded and integrated pod.I turned down a 22 Hewescraft Searunner a month ago that I now regret,it was a great deal.

Last edited:
Still in the search,somebody must know somebody thinking of selling.I thought selling was supposed to be the hard part with boats.

Wow, that 22 sea legend is sure a nice boat. If I was to ever sell my seasport skipper I would sure look at that

The Arima is nice but 20 years old and with the $ exchange and tariff you have to add 40% for any American boat brought up here.The Scout is also very nice but over budget that I'd like to stick to,but for the perfect boat,we'll see what comes up. Nothing so far.

Back