Still having sounder problems

MyEscape

Bought a new eagle 480 dual frequency depth sounder fishfinder. Problem is still not getting the results I want to see, they suggest to go to thru hull design transducer but read that it decreases the sensitivity. Right now get bottom to 340ft can see bottom up to 22mph
but not bait.... am I expecting too much???

Any suggestions would be helpful don't want to drill any more holes in my transom have moved the location of td three times. Thanks M.E.

Set your finder so that it has a higher sensativity. That should help alot! I had that same problem till i did that.

beachcomber NANOOSE

I have a Eagle 340 (the next model down from yours) and I see bait balls and fish arches.

First, make sure that you have the fish symbol option turned off. I never use it as it turns everything it sees into fish symbols.

Make sure that you follow the installation instructions (see the Eagle website at http://www.eaglegps.com at their tutorials section - some good info there) and that the transducer is always level.

If you have done all this and you are sure theat the transducer isn't damaged, then just wait and you should eventually see stuff.

Sharp hooks and full traps!

W.I.T.W. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT WAS STARTING TO LOSE MY MIND....
Still think that might still need to tinker with the transducer but
leaving for port in a week today. Want all the gear and electronics
perfect... CHEERS M.E. HAPPY HOOKIN

quote:

B Gibb

quote:

B Gibb

Try this again. My Escape, read past post re your fish finder, did you figure it out? If so what did you do, ready to trash that piece of crap I have.

B Gibb

Try this again. My Escape, read past post re your fish finder, did you figure it out? If so what did you do, ready to trash that piece of crap I have.

B Gibb

Ya otter, finally got purrin like a kitten use the 50 rather then the 200 setting and don't use the dual frequency split screen. When I'm in fishy waters turn off my fish id found get better results just look for the fish arcs. I now see true bottom up to 600 ft and see bottom up to 20+ mph. If you want to try out one of eagles ds. ff. gsp. try downloading one of the sims on eaglesonar.com "free" it has all there different units. Gotta go for now.

p.s. Also moved transducer to within 1.5 ft of main outboard opposite side to the kicker. 12 holes in the transom later !!!

Cheers ME

Happy Hookin!!!

Edited by - MyEscape on 12/13/2004 22:16:41

Ya otter, finally got purrin like a kitten use the 50 rather then the 200 setting and don't use the dual frequency split screen. When I'm in fishy waters turn off my fish id found get better results just look for the fish arcs. I now see true bottom up to 600 ft and see bottom up to 20+ mph. If you want to try out one of eagles ds. ff. gsp. try downloading one of the sims on eaglesonar.com "free" it has all there different units. Gotta go for now.

p.s. Also moved transducer to within 1.5 ft of main outboard opposite side to the kicker. 12 holes in the transom later !!!

Cheers ME

Happy Hookin!!!

Edited by - MyEscape on 12/13/2004 22:16:41

Back