Step wrench for Thru-hulls...

Buckethead905

Currently replacing all my marelon thru hulls with stainless.. looking for a step wrench or any other ideas people might have to hang onto the thru hull while I tighten the nut on the inside.. anybody have anything like this? Located in Nanaimo.

IMG_0441.JPG

Thanks,

Jamie

What are you using for a through hull? I’ve been trying to find one that has the ability to clamp a hose onto it for a wash down pump.

I’m using Gemlux.. there are different brands out there like groco etc.. are you looking for something like this... AF7B375C-5A70-47D9-B3D0-87A828D05ADF.jpeg

If you’re planning on using it as a pickup through the bottom of the hull, you would need to go with a bronze unit. Groco makes a large selection. What’s the Internal diameter of the hose you want to clamp to it?This might be what you’re looking for.. they range in size from 1/2” to 2” ID

https://www.groco.net/products/fittings/hose-thru-hull-fittings/hth-series

@Waterwolf2230

Last edited:
What are you using for a through hull? I’ve been trying to find one that has the ability to clamp a hose onto it for a wash down pump.
go the extra mile and put a valve on it, it is below waterline after all, then a barb fitting into valve and double clamp your hose.

Google “step wrench”, lots on line from $38 to $108 depending on how fast you want it.

Ya I’m decent with the google and did find some.. was hoping to borrow something or make something, seeing as though it’s kind of a one-time use.

I've cut one out of 1/4" aluminum when needed and hold it with a big crescent wrench.Like you said it's a one time deal,not worth buying something unless your in the business.

Don’t over think it. Get a little larger piece of hose that fits easily over the nipple and hold it with a set of water pump pliers until it’s snug, once it’s firmly in place most will hold themselves if not you should be able to hold it with the pliers easily. It’s not like you crank it down until it stops you will squeeze out the gasket if you over tighten. And use a small amount of silicone sealer on both sides of the hull for a secure seal.

I’ve put in a few of them like this with no issues.

Back