Steering Wheel

markowwes

I have seen on several fishing boats, a helm at the rear of the cockpit for steering a kicker motor or just steering from the rear of the boat. The wheel itself looks to be around 6 to 8” in diameter, do you have an aluminum wheel like this or do you know where I can purchase one? I want to mount a 9.9 high thrust on one of the platforms of a 2500vx Hydra Sports, with a helm at the rear of the cockpit. I think I will be using a Baystar hydraulic kit as the motor will be too far back to use the tiller handle.

West Marine-either the US online one or try the one in Nanaimo. They can even sell you one with a spinner if it's ordered from the US.

If the wheel your looking for is a cast aluminum with a destroyer knob, I purchased mine from Trotac Marine Limited in Victoria. they are pricey wheels, but very nice. Good luck. DAJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Trotac Marine $100 +

The only thing that PO's me about that wheel is the bolt that holds the power knob is not stainless..........Ofishal ."shakes head" what a stupid mistake!!:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Trotac Marine $100 +

The only thing that PO's me about that wheel is the bolt that holds the power knob is not stainless..........Ofishal ."shakes head" what a stupid mistake!!:mad:

Mattic Ind. in Cloverdale has every SS fastener metric & standard in both course & fine thread. I'll buy ya a nut if you help my install .....lol

Back