Stanley Cup Playoffs

eaglemaniac

Okay lets here it. I've been a Hawk fan longer then I can remember. I'm figuring Hawks and Buffalo for the cup. Let's here it Canuckleheads.:D eman

quote:Originally posted by mr killer

Vancouver vs Ottawa or washington,

[:eek:)] :D

I hope it is Vancouver & Pittsburgh, my gut says Phoenix and Pittsburgh

quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac
I'm figuring Hawks and Buffalo for the cup....

You must be drunk! [:eek:)]

I must say without Vanek the Sabres don't look as good as they did. Guess we'll see. Lets hear yours Dog. eman

IF Albets and Obrian could stay out of the damn penalty box the canucks have a chance those 2 clowns are a joke we really need WILLIE back. thats what killed them yesterday them 2 clowns in the box most of the night very dumb plays by them both!!!!!!
very frustrating

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Super frustrating for sure.

I gave Alberts benefit of the doubt after Game 1, physical play a little over the line and all that. But after game 2, he's a liability. Problem is, if not him, then who?

The positive from the two games is I thought Canucks had the edge in play overall and at times looked dominant. But unless they can start burying more of those chances, they'll find themselves in that same old rope a dope trap ... attack attack attack, but then a 2 on 1 goal the other way against the flow of the play.

Looking forward to tomorrow ... though the stress may be too much to handle (and it's only game 3...;) )

Go Nux!

Pretty exciting game, managed to snag some prime seats with a buddy. Smyth came over and tossed us a few pucks after warmup hes a class act even if he is a greaser.There were 2 questionable no calls in OT when kesler took the high stick and lou got bumped which could have really changed the outcome. Doughty was a machine! He looked a notch above everyone else all night.

3 on 1...yeah, as soon as that Dman stumbled, I got that "oh no" feeling. If canucks lose series, that stumble will be the turning point. wah!

No way Alberts hit in 1st deserved a suspension. I don't think it deserved more than 2 minutes, maybe 4 at the most. Look at replay again on youtube, compare it to what is going on in other games, especially the Sutton hit on Leopold and the many high stick non-calls. It is the playoffs, different rules apply (whether they admit it or not) ... the inconsistency is the **** off, first let them play, then call a bunch of really weak calls in a row. Wrecks the flow of the game and like last night, changes the momentum. See Tony Gallagher's column today, suggests Canucks game and Montreal game last night were reffing conspiracies from NHL head office, to help the "right" team to win... ;)

The too many men in OT ... hit Bieksa on way out, he was on the way to bench after getting cut in the face. My understanding is the call is "playing the puck", getting hit by it a judgment call -- and here was called by linesman, not either of the refs. Pretty weak way to have the game decided.

Let's hope the "goes around comes around" law of averages kicks in soon, in the canucks favour.

When you look back at the game, what do they need to do differently? Played pretty good all around. Only thing that stands out is can't afford to take so many penalties.

And that 3rd period was the most exciting period of hockey I've watched all year ... awesome action both ways.

I don't believe in conspiracies, really, but I do believe in how "cascading incompetence" in reffing can destroy hockey games.

First, don't call anything, players get a feel for the flow and play accordingly. Then make one weak call, PP goal scored. "Ooops", so better make a weak call the other way. Then a series of weak calls both ways as compensation, and the players have no idea what they can and cannot get away with. No one can point to any one call that changed a game, but the cumulative effect is often removing the momentum from one team and both teams losing the flow -- becomes largely decided by the ref.

Not saying that's the case last night, not blaming the ref entirely, but for sure a contributor.

As much as I didn't like some of the big rule changes last year, as it got a bit silly at times the type of interference calls, but it was sure refreshing to see games called completely consistently. Virtually no missed calls. In the playoffs, we're now back to "old time reffing" ... the randomness of which always drove me crazy.

Hey, there's a fishing connection ... the randomness of whether or not the fish will bite, same gear, same location, same everything. Damn fish. At least there's no video replay in fishing, "yup, I bet he wishes he could have missed netting job back, let's see that again from a different angle..." ;)

Hey juandasooka: Very funny but so true. I still have some very clear replays of some of my worst net jobs.:D I'm glad there not on Sportsdesk.[:0] eman

Well how about anzes stick in sedins helmet do you think that was high sticking?????? it had to get up there some how?????

wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Refs are going to miss some calls as it sucks when they blow the game. They are only human. Last night none had the angle to see the high stick in OT

holmes what are you thinking theres no way alberts should have been suspended for that hit, although it probably would have helped us out if he was, we need to kill some penalties, the kill has been weak for the last couple months, can't figure out why we keep letting in goals in bunchs giving up a two goal lead in the playoffs is bad business, but let's see how the team rebounds on the road, if we could get the pk working should be in good shape

Back