Stamp/Somass

KCW, your best bet on the stamp right now is the falls pool because the water is high. Just drive towards moneys and look for the cars parked below the powerlines with shoes hanging from them.

Thanks , sounds like a busy spot,is there lots of places to fish or should i try a differn't river. Usally crowd's I avoid but I guess the stamp is usally crowed.

I wont even entertain the very idea of the falls pool these days. I cant even stand one other fisherman let alone crowds, I deal with crowds enough during the summer.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

I wont even entertain the very idea of the falls pool these days. I cant even stand one other fisherman let alone crowds, I deal with crowds enough during the summer.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Hey

Was on the Stamp today. I parked on road. Walked into the falls area. Pretty nice water and lots of fish. I had a fish (good one) on my second cast. Killed my two[8D] pretty awesome. seems like everyone who came down got into one. I was using orange worms. I'm heading up tommorow to so maybe see some of you guys up there.

Oh also. I found a tackle box. If you left a large red plano tackle box with spinners and powerbait in it at the falls. I have it. It has a harley davidson sticker on it. I found it next to the fire pit

well tight lines

gangsta

big steel, big pimpin

Hey

Was on the Stamp today. I parked on road. Walked into the falls area. Pretty nice water and lots of fish. I had a fish (good one) on my second cast. Killed my two[8D] pretty awesome. seems like everyone who came down got into one. I was using orange worms. I'm heading up tommorow to so maybe see some of you guys up there.

Oh also. I found a tackle box. If you left a large red plano tackle box with spinners and powerbait in it at the falls. I have it. It has a harley davidson sticker on it. I found it next to the fire pit

well tight lines

gangsta

big steel, big pimpin

Well, I am hoping to improve my odds, and heading to the Stamp tomorrow. In the past week I've been skunked on the Quinsam, the Cluxewe, and twice on the Quatse. Definitely time to go where the fish are. Planning to walk up from the gun club... just hope I can find it. If anything happens I will post the results. Any pointers? Thanx.

Go to the falls pool.Good place to start.Stop in at Gone fishin tackle in town and get the info.Somass motel cheap place to sleep,lots of river rats stay there.I do whenever im over that way!

River was as crowded as I've ever seen it yesterday, on a bloody Tuesday! What? don't any of you Bums actually WORK? [}:)]

At one point 25 rods vying for a spot at the Falls (no, I wasn't one of them). Working from Eagle Rock down to opposite the gun range, we saw over 50 rods and 4 boats! EEK!

Chatted up a few of them, and it appears the Vedder Crowd has descended. Don't mid sharing at all, but the attitude they're dragging with leaves a LOT to be desired! [B)]

Had a brief thought that we should oganize all the steelheaders from The Rock and invade their back yard. But then realized that amongst those masses, even if everyone showed, we'd simply be a drop in the bucket.

So for me, for now, they can have it. I far prefer hunting for fish rather than hunting for a spot to fish.

Cheers,
Nog - Kickin' back for a few and hoping the LML crowd GO HOME! :D

Ha ha, Iron. I was also visiting the river but from Campbell River. I had heard that the falls gets crowded but I got there at 8:30am and there was 25 fishermen fishing and 4 standing on the shore. I waited for about 30 minutes didn't see a whole lot happen so I moved to the gun range and walked wadded and fished up. Ran into 14 more fishermen and a few fisherwomen.
Went back to the falls near 1pm and stayed till dark I can honestly say it felt like fishing the Campbell during the pink run this year as far as the sheer volume of people fishing.
I had made a mental note not to return, gald to know that's not the norm.

Gong show doesnt even begin to describe it. The fish that are around to no surprise are pretty lockjawed, probably from being whacked in the head by one 6 inch chunk of newb-owned pencil lead after another. A little bit of bankside cleaning needs to be done after the new year as every spot is littered with beer cans, food wrappers, roe bag mesh, birds nests of 50lb spectra and other crap left behind by the masses.

quote:Originally posted by IronNoggin

River was as crowded as I've ever seen it yesterday, on a bloody Tuesday! What? don't any of you Bums actually WORK? [}:)]

At one point 25 rods vying for a spot at the Falls (no, I wasn't one of them). Working from Eagle Rock down to opposite the gun range, we saw over 50 rods and 4 boats! EEK!

Chatted up a few of them, and it appears the Vedder Crowd has descended. Don't mid sharing at all, but the attitude they're dragging with leaves a LOT to be desired! [B)]

Had a brief thought that we should oganize all the steelheaders from The Rock and invade their back yard. But then realized that amongst those masses, even if everyone showed, we'd simply be a drop in the bucket.

So for me, for now, they can have it. I far prefer hunting for fish rather than hunting for a spot to fish.

Cheers,
Nog - Kickin' back for a few and hoping the LML crowd GO HOME! :D
Hence the reason i went from guiding 60 to 80 days a winter 20 years ago on the Island to a fall trip to the Skeena system and a January trip to a secret location at great expense to get my Steelie fix and leave the Stamp to the crowds........ my 2 cents worth

Sounds to me like there's more than a few people interested in this fish called steelhead;) Maybe its time to get some hatchery programs going on other flows to thin the crowds...Cowichan and Naniamo to name a few. Wait a minute that would mean more work for the M.O.E....Guess it was a good idea to **** down the hatchery program on the Cowichan, nobody likes fishing for steelhead they can take home;)

Pass the Pack

Ha ha laughing hard here boys about the comment to round up all the island boys and hit the vedder! When i come over there in the new year with my entourage it will feel just like home!Too bad all the steel sit in the falls pool and arn't spread down low like the old days.Instead of *****-n about the crowds why dont you fellas put pressure on the MOE to start upping the hatch steel smolts and releasing them in the lower so we can get our driftboats out again and get away from the masses!

I fished the stamp lots late 80's, early 90's. Was pretty crowded at times then too. We could launch at Coleman road or Seatons park on the Sproat, then pull out just below Swansons pool. Those were the 20 fish days. As for now..you guys can have it.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Back