stamp river

M

Mongoose

any fish being caught up there?

the earliest time i can fish up there is the 2nd week of nov. will it be to late to catch some fish or???

This is the worst year I have seen for coho. There was an expected low return mind you. Unless it picks up, which I doubt it will I wouldn't bother unless you are there just to have fun![8D]

Didn't Port Alberni just get 25 mm of rain, this might help.

Just got back home from Brown's Bay late yest. Got a report of some rather large coho intercepted near Poet's Nook a day or two ago. Likely headed our way, so I'll be having a boo in the next few...
Letcha know as it goes...

Cheers,
Nog

I read in another report that the upper stamp is opening is that right below the falls or up above it... ???/

Report: Chums, and LOTS of them. Haven't seen a coho since my return.

As for the 'opening', it's the standard thing every year. The 'upper' is now open from the confluence with the Ash up to GCL. Good Luck finding anything worthwhile...

Not so cheerfull about dat!
Nog

does anyone know the count for coho im sure its not 50,000-60,000 i believe i read it was around 10,000 a while back looking forward to winter steely season:D

I'm from victoria, I want to hit up the Stamp on the 19th of nov. What are the best spots to hit up and any good directions would be appreciating. and may the fish gods bless all those who help!

Any word on the Stamp ??? I was thinking of hitting it on 5th of Nov. ????????????

quote:Originally posted by IronNoggin

Report: Chums, and LOTS of them. Haven't seen a coho since my return.

As for the 'opening', it's the standard thing every year. The 'upper' is now open from the confluence with the Ash up to GCL. Good Luck finding anything worthwhile...

Not so cheerfull about dat!
Nog

Where confluence with the ash up to the GCL ????/// I have been there but not sure of all the area names... Can you explain alittle ?????//

or have a map picture ???

Anyone got any reports since the recent rain, or is it the same as it was before? ....Next to no coho? Thanks

Spent most of the day on the just-opened section with a buddy.
Saw dozens upon dozens of still-spawning Springs? Kinda late for them I thought...
A small handfull of cutties, one steel for me (lost dammit) and a couple of booties was all. Saw 2 other steelhead tagged by Buddies (the only other crew encountered all day, kinda sweet for a change...)
and that was it.
No sign of even a single coho???
Today the lower is right blown. Suspect the upper might be OK as far as depth & clarity, but simply didn't want to rehash that one quite so soon, and in the firehose...

Not so cheerfull about that!
Nog

hows the water levels over on the west side....thinkin about on the upcoming monday perhaps givin er a go

Back