stamp river steelhead

B

bite me

hey everyone,
im planning a steelhead trip to the Stamp River this winter with a buddy of mine, and neither of us have fished the stamp. im not asking people to tell me the exact spots, or where to cast, but i would greatly apreciate some info about bank accesibility, where i might find a trail along the river ..i really dont know what kind of river the stamp is, and i dont know what to expect...i know some person is going to tell me to go find out for myself, quit asking for the hot spots, all that crap..., but this is probaly a one shot deal, just one or two days on the flow, and id hopefully like to make it as memorable an expierience as possible...all i would like to know is what general section of the river might hold some steelies, what month, and what part of the river is accesible to me as a bank angler.

id also be more then happy to let anyone know the same information about the Gold River, my home stream, and if anyone is headed there, let me know.
thanks in advance,
cody

hey yea.......the main stream that was in and giving lots of action pushed though but theres still fish just have to really work for them might be like last year and it was exactley like this then a nice big school of fresh fish filled the system and if you drive out beaver creek there some really noticable spots where cars pull off and park but a good spot would be the riffle range it can be a gong show all the time but there if it is busy you can walk up a long ways and fish all the way up slide pool but stamp aint the only system there the sproat it produces well and you can walk from the top by the lake all the way down to the confluence so ywa ill be fishin after newyears if i aint hung over lol;) but yea ill keep you posted well going back to bed beat from quadin all night in the snow:D later

steelheadman

hey yea.......the main stream that was in and giving lots of action pushed though but theres still fish just have to really work for them might be like last year and it was exactley like this then a nice big school of fresh fish filled the system and if you drive out beaver creek there some really noticable spots where cars pull off and park but a good spot would be the riffle range it can be a gong show all the time but there if it is busy you can walk up a long ways and fish all the way up slide pool but stamp aint the only system there the sproat it produces well and you can walk from the top by the lake all the way down to the confluence so ywa ill be fishin after newyears if i aint hung over lol;) but yea ill keep you posted well going back to bed beat from quadin all night in the snow:D later

steelheadman

steelheadman

steelheadman

Your best bet is too hunt the beaver Cr. side till ya learn it. The stamp can be an intimidating river. If fished right it offers numbers like no other. Happy New Year-the dirtdog

Your best bet is too hunt the beaver Cr. side till ya learn it. The stamp can be an intimidating river. If fished right it offers numbers like no other. Happy New Year-the dirtdog

thanks a lot guys, that helps a lot:D...im still tryin to talk some other people into going, maybe my friend with his drift boat if im lucky, as he kinda knows the stamp good enuf todrift it i think...anyways thanks a lot for the info, its greatly apreciated

Cody

thanks a lot guys, that helps a lot:D...im still tryin to talk some other people into going, maybe my friend with his drift boat if im lucky, as he kinda knows the stamp good enuf todrift it i think...anyways thanks a lot for the info, its greatly apreciated

Cody

Cody

Cody

Back