Stamp conditions???

The water came up and is now higher than normal. The ash is spitting murkyness this afternoon and if it continues to rain the ash will totally blow out. The fishing was excellent today with the new rain but would be tough from shore.

Steelhead fishing in the lower is slower than normal for this time of year. Especially with the rise in water height. Conditions are very nice, just not many fish.

Thanks for this. I will be fishing tomorrow, just not sure where. Either Gold or Stamp. Too bad the fish aren't there. Cheers.

if you plan on fishing the stamp, tomorrow would be a good day to do it because there is a ton of rain in the forecast and may blow out the ash for a couple of days starting tomorrow afternoon or the next day. Also, the lower river has been a bit slow as most of the fish have jumped the falls and the new fish are just coming in. FYI the river above the Ash to the dam is closed now.

The river level is higher than normal but not blown out. Lots of fish in the system, shore angling for steel in the lower below the slide pool is spotty even at the best of times.

out yesterday at the falls. under 12" vis.

EDIT: buddy is boatin' up river as I type. 2-3 feet vis is what they are saying now...
Sprout was clean with sum good action for them this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
River was extremely close to blowing out yesterday morning. Watched 7 anglers at the Falls in the early for a spell. No fish hooked. Water was high, and visibility down to less than a foot. And RAIN. Big Time that is! Over 45 mm's fell after I left for the warmth of the Hacienda! And again, more last night. She's gotta be a Brown Firehose by now. Going to be a day or three before she settles down methinks. OK with me as I have other things that need attending. But do indeed Hope she settles by the time I get those dealt with! Only out twice this season (
wacko.gif
) and Damn ITCHY!!
sly.gif

Cheers,
Nog

Yep, yesterdays rain was crazy for sure... What to do, what to do.........
Thanks for the report guys!

buddy is boatin' up river as I type. 2-3 feet vis is what they are saying now...
Sprout was clean with sum good action for them this morning.

Interesting....

Showers today, then rain into the evening ending ~ midnight. Tomorrow only a maybe. The next... Likely methinks... :D

Thanks for the update!

Cheers,
Nog

I would say that the stamp is dropping like a rock almost low enough to cross to the island. However the forecast is for mega rain in the next few.

Has anyone been checked on the river lately?? I'd love to know what the current take is on using Jensen Eggs. I don't mean to dig up an old argument but after looking at past stuff on this forum it seems pretty unclear to me. Will you get fined if you're caught using them?

I'd love to know what the current take is on using Jensen Eggs. I don't mean to dig up an old argument but after looking at past stuff on this forum it seems pretty unclear to me. Will you get fined if you're caught using them?

Local CO has made it widely known that the Scented Jensen Eggs are VERBOTEN. Even going so far as to inform Gone Fishin' of that, and to ask them to spread the word. The unscented ones are Good To Go!

Can't help on the river levels/clarity, haven't been there since Saturday. About right then, but rained pretty much all of today...

Cheers,
Nog

The water came up about four inches yesterday. It poured down most of the night. Would expect it to be up another six inches by the end of today.

Back