stamp 2010

Sohere's a picture of my Buddy Mike and his jet that we use on the Stamp. Only draw back to this thing is that hopping the Bucket is a Bi$%ch because of the low bow line and the fact that it comes to a point.

I am thinking of getting a Koffler. With it's pram style front end it should launch easily over just about anything I have the guts to throw at it.

Attachments

• P1090894.jpg
    P1090894.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 83
Its not really the bucket you have to worry about, its not that hard other than in real low water. It's the rapids at eagle rock that you really have to know what your doing or you can end up in trouble. I wouldn't wanna be up there really in anything other than a zodiac unless it was pretty high water. There's a reason u don't see the welded boats up there that much and a reason why David added a inflatable to his lineup...

Agreed, I was going to say I only attack that stretch under high conditions. Good luck trying to get up there right now. Way too low.

You or Luna been up there rescently?

I have a koffler HL. They are super nice, and was contemplating getting the same jet, but will wait a year or two.

Its not really the bucket you have to worry about, its not that hard other than in real low water. It's the rapids at eagle rock that you really have to know what your doing or you can end up in trouble. I wouldn't wanna be up there really in anything other than a zodiac unless it was pretty high water. There's a reason u don't see the welded boats up there that much and a reason why David added a inflatable to his lineup...

I'll second that, been through there a few times on Davids inflatible and that is the nuttiest spot I have seen from the boat yet.........

Whatever happened to Summer Steel? Shouldn't he be piping in right about now? :D

Well, well BL, you're still around.....you must be too busy catching fish to post much.....I know I have.....looks like it will continue to be another excellent year on the Stamp.........Weather update......Ash blown out this afternoon.....still raining VERY hard & water rising fast. Better fire up the sleds because that is the only access that will be left very soon.

HL yes a different style of Koffler, if you've been to there site you would have noticed they make other styles of boats too. I've got a drift boat. Great people and not too far of a drive down to Eugene Oregon. I was contemplating on getting the same jet boat as the one you were looking at.

Highlights,

I read this post with concern for Human safety and well being,Whenever i hear somebody talk about running "The Bucket" as some big barrier i get concerned.Well it does need to be respected the same as any other rapid going over it is fairly basic in a proper craft.When i hear people come on here and talk about"the bucket" like its some great feat i know there experience is non-existent in running it.It's no problem getting up there but what do you do to come down?A couple years ago i heard you swamped your craft before you even made it there.Nottrying to be a prick here but up above it's shallow and fast and rapids the whole way up.Not really a place for a newbie.I wouldnt recommend going up there in your jet/drift combo boat.

It's not like a few steelhead are worth human life but hey you may see a seal or 2 up there these days!Take a guided trip with a pro who knows these waters and stay safe!!

Fishrite, let's go hammer on some steel. PM me your number and I'll give you a shout.

Whats with the seals...................

HL

Last edited by a moderator:
Back