Sportfishing BC Recipe Book - fundraiser

TenMile

Hey,

We are getting quite the recipe collection going on here. Just a suggestion, but is anyone on the board good at typesetting and creative enough to design a recipe book? Bet we could pull together a pretty cool spread with some member photos and ideas -- sell it, and donate the profits to the local hatcheries.

I'd certainly lend some time and effort. Any creative types here?

TenMile
<'((((><

Can't contribute on the typesetting etc. (If it involved a shovel, hammer or torch, then I'd take a stab.) But I'd be first in line to buy one.
Good idea.
Even better might be if the book followed the steps from catching to hitting the table.
e.g., Salmon: Which species is best for which, smoker, freezing, canning, bbq etc.
How to field dress (bleed and put on ice after catching)
How to transport
How to wash and prepare for the next step
How to freeze
How to filet
and then into cooking.
Same for crabs, prawns, cod, etc.

Sub-Title: BC Sportsfishmen's Guide to preserving your catch in prime condition and delivering it to the table.

My wife has god only knows how many cookbooks, but they all make the presumption that the fish magically appears in prime condition, from Costco or the fish monger, wherever. But they don't deal with all the other aspects of the sports fishers actions to get it to the fridge.

The combination could make it more attractive.

Just a few quick thoughts.

Might take a few years to sort out the differing opinions on these topics? hehehehe , but aside from that its a great idea, and I'd be in.

Ya--- what Lazoman sed.......

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back