Spooling TMX5's

Waterwolf2230

Hey fellas,

Do any of you know approximately how many yards of 65lb Power Pro the Amundson TMX 5's will hold? I've only ever spooled them with Maxima 30lb. I'm just hatching a plan to spool my two new reels. I am going to put white base layer of 65lb and then finish the spool with 65lb Marine Blue Super Slick. Should look good with the blue reels.

Thanks!

WW

With my Amundson MR05’s, I put like 100 yards of mono backing and 300 yards of 30# braid and still had tons of room left.

I think the TMX’s are close in size if not a bit of a bigger spool.

Water wolf in a word; a lot! I just spooled my TMX-5 with a base of fly line backing and then Power pro. I would call River Sportsman and ask for Bruce. They were surprised at how much the arbour took, and so they made a point of taking note for future spools. Wasn't cheap, around $70 if I recall. I always add about '100 of mono for stretch and for gripping the down rigger clip.

Water wolf in a word; a lot! I just spooled my TMX-5 with a base of fly line backing and then Power pro. I would call River Sportsman and ask for Bruce. They were surprised at how much the arbour took, and so they made a point of taking note for future spools. Wasn't cheap, around $70 if I recall. I always add about '100 of mono for stretch and for gripping the down rigger clip.
Thanks, I'll check in with them. I'll add a topshot of mono as well, but only about 50'.

how i do mine is 100-150 yds of 30lb high viz flyline backing then add 330 yds of 50lb braid or the just past the reel handle set screw
then top shot of two rod lengths 25-30lb mono ...
has been working well on my tmx-5s of which i have a few ....lol

braid is just green china stuff and has been on for 3 yrs now cost was $35 1500 yds
its faded a bit but still holding up ....
IMG_20150729_144548.jpg

and its only happened a few times but if your backing starts to show through then its time to start getting some line back on the spool or start the main up...lol

Checked with River sportsman: i got 300 +yards of high vis 30 lb dacron and then 250 yards of 65lb power pro. ( then 100 feet of mono top shot.) the dacron is considerably cheaper than power pro and fills the arbour faster. so in a word, a buttload of line.

Checked with River sportsman: i got 300 +yards of high vis 30 lb dacron and then 250 yards of 65lb power pro. ( then 100 feet of mono top shot.) the dacron is considerably cheaper than power pro and fills the arbour faster. so in a word, a buttload of line.
Ya I'd have to agree with you there...

Back