Spartan Aluminum Boats, Any Opinions???

Drewski Canuck

Bass Pro / Cabellas is carrying a heavy gauge welded aluminium that is a house brand. I have looked at their Spartan line, and I am told it is welded in the same factory as Weldcraft. Trouble is, there does not seem to be alot of them being sold and very few reviews????

The finished boat is not really a huge saving over other brands like Hewescraft, so I am a bit leery.

Can anyone tell me their experiences with Spartan on the coast, in say the 18.5 - 20 Ft range?

Drewski

Its made by thunderjet and similar quality to thunderjet...not even close to weldcraft quality.

Very much identical to thunder jets. I think they have higher gunnels. Usually a curtain back of the cabin until you get into the bigger boats. They are always on sale though for a good price IMO but I’ve never seen one on the water.

Attachments

• E733E017-44AF-4988-81C4-8B38FE8C8A5D.jpeg
    E733E017-44AF-4988-81C4-8B38FE8C8A5D.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 8A610133-F8C4-4F74-A949-B7D59F74C16F.jpeg
    8A610133-F8C4-4F74-A949-B7D59F74C16F.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 59
Its made by thunderjet and similar quality to thunderjet...not even close to weldcraft quality.
In your opinion...... I am very impressed with my Thunder Jet, but that is just my opinion. Lifetime transferable hull warranty is nice

14 degree dead rise is not the best for a saltwater boat ( or big lakes either. )
The window sticker that I posted isn’t their ocean boat. Just the entry level aluminum boat. Can’t complain at just over $300 a month payment for some good fun. They got those boats outside but I never got a picture. They look much more ocean worthy.

In your opinion...... I am very impressed with my Thunder Jet, but that is just my opinion. Lifetime transferable hull warranty is nice
Don't take it personally.. thunderjets are decent enough, but aren't the same quality as weldcraft which aren't the same quality as some of the high end custom builders. Prices are of course commensurate with that quality.

Don't take it personally.. thunderjets are decent enough, but aren't the same quality as weldcraft which aren't the same quality as some of the high end custom builders. Prices are of course commensurate with that quality.
Thanks....guess my TJ will have to do till I can afford a custom built one like you...poor me, at least my boat is Decent enough, thanks again

Thanks....guess my TJ will have to do till I can afford a custom built one like you...poor me, at least my boat is Decent enough, thanks again

Hey, your boat is 100% better than mine because I don't even have a boat!

So is there anyone with real world experience with Spartan?
They have a .190 / .160 base / sideboard build on some models, so that is pretty heavy compared with alot of the riveted boats out there.

All the same until you get into a pounding sea, heavy build alone is no big advantage.

Drewski

Back