SOOKE REPORTS spring/summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by codfish

Doug. Are you an expert halibut fisherman? Don't think so. Maybe you should try and follow some Renfrew Guides around. They always find the big ones!!!!

DY

Play nice now "DY"
[:0]

JUST FISHEN'

I would never pull from the front cleat...it means having to leave the safer cockpit area and helm. If your the only one on board with anchor knowledge you want to stay in the safest area to work and be able to control the boat at all times. Especially if rough water kicks up while you are trying to retrieve. The risk of fouling the prop is also greater from the bow. You have better control of the entire process working aft.

x2 What profisher said.
Each to there own but after watching that video in any type of wind or slop it looks like a disaster waiting to happen.
Just my 2 cents.

I will never pull from the back of the boat. If the anchor will not release and you come off the power there is a good chance you can pull the back of the boat under the water(when rough)
When pulling from the front if the anchor does not cpme out and you come off the power all the happens is the boat re anchors it self
I agree with Gypseas's way is a lot safer

use a zap strap on your anchor and you will never stay on bottom.... you're only looking for trouble if you leave the attachment on the front.... what do you do if you have to cut free in a pinch? easier to get to the back and just untie your bowline... i'm no pro but it seems to make more sense...

If your against a stern pull you haven't seen the method we use, if you had you would understand right away how it is safer and easier all round.

x3 with the zap straps and bow to stern line. There is no simpler method.

Learn how to do it. It is by far the safest way to go about anchoring. It is the technique used by profesionals for a reason. My guests always go home safe after a days outing.

Doug. Are you an expert halibut fisherman? Don't think so. Maybe you should try and follow some Renfrew Guides around. They always find the big ones!!!!

DY

I hear some guides like to follow around the Victoria guys to find big ones too!

And calling out another guys skill as a fisherman? How many times have you placed in any major derby period? I hear there was this little contest recently last September that someone from around here may have competed in and maybe won a prize or two.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Hey "Fat Chance" lol. The best halibut guide I know runs out of Renfrew, he leaves in the dark so people don't follow him. I dont' have anything against Victoria guides so get off the the computer, trying to stir up S!@t. I know it's crappy weather when you get on here. You don't even know me so zip it!!!!

DY

Hey "Fat Chance" lol. The best halibut guide I know runs out of Renfrew, he leaves in the dark so people don't follow him. I dont' have anything against Victoria guides so get off the the computer, trying to stir up S!@t. I know it's crappy weather when you get on here. You don't even know me so zip it!!!!

DY

Wow.. That was creative. Sure makes the guys that write for Leno look dull.

And no one said you had anything against Victoria guides, did they? In fact, I understand that at certain times on the water, you can be quite fond of them.

Last, but not least, I just figured that a jab completley out of left field should at least be confronted with a few facts that may alter the light under which the statement shall be viewed.

And yes, I know I'm overwieght. Thank you for giving me the courage and resolve to continue my battle.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Codfish

You don't know what I catch, how big they are and how experienced I am, so why would you shoot off your mouth like you did. "follow the Renfrew guides around".

Are you 13 years old?

I respect the guides at PR, Sooke and Vic and most respectable guides share their information amongst each other at the dock or over the phone. We don't need to follow anyone.

I'm a professional and not a bottom feeder like a codfish hiding in the rocks or behind a name.

Good luck with your season.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

Don't worry about the weight LastChance.... I'm sure there are a few of us on the site that could shed a few lbs... Great response by the way... Most of us wouldn't be as PC that's for sure.... Now let's get back to some fishing talk and maybe the wind will stop! [:p]

quote:Originally posted by The Jackel

Wow, holy crap, don't know what to say on this rant. Kelly good response. Doug met you at the marina a week or so ago, we talked about enviromental business, really enjoyed meeting you and really don't care if you catch big or small fish was nice talking to you. Codfish, what type of cornflakes where you eating that morning, might have to try a new brand;) My money is on Kelly:D

><))))">

Considering Doug has caught likely the largest south island salmon of anyone on this forum, I don't think he deserves any cheap shot sent his way. The crap codfish started was cheap, ridiculous and totally uncalled for.

Well i guess I am going to go slay some Halibut this weekend and post some pictures on here to get some minds on track to what this site is supposed to be[:eek:)] Should be some entertainment at SH marina this season, ****, I might move out there too just to watch the entertainment[:p] Oh gotta go, young & the Restless is on...

www.tailspincharters.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back