Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Off Secretary today.....3 hours. Slow for us. Biggest coho was 8 lbs. Purple haze hootchie and flasher...100 feet.

Cloud

Where is this interpretive center? Would like to attend myself and may be able to drag a few more people with me. What is the focus of the seminar?

The centre is located along side Charters Rivers which crosses the Sooke River Rd about 1/2 mile before the Sooke Potholes Park. Tom's focus will be proper presentation of baits for feeder and adult Chinook also Coho "Trolling with bait". Malcolm will be discussing fishing with electricity and understanding electrolysis. I will talk on how to improve your catch to loss ratio in different scenarios. Hoping to find one other guest speaker who will talk about their thoughts on targeting and finding larger Chinook. Lots of good local guys to pick from, finding one who is comfortable in front of a crowd is proving a challenge.

maybe it's time to start your own thread on this one Profisher and lets get back to some reports if there are any out there... Just saying...

I am semi retired with a boat in Sooke. Anyone know a non-smoking person interested in getting out fishing and sharing gas I might be interested

Ok. What the hell is the coho retention off Sooke right now. 1 wild,1 or two or more hatchery? Certainly not obvious on DFO website.

Theb55,

See Sooke Fall/Winter thread. All Info' is there. This thread is closed now, notionally if not physically

Back