Sooke Reports - 2007

Seen the 42 lber at pedder.
Looks a lot bigger than in the pic.
Nice fish
So I'm kinda wondering if they weighed it in at 7:22am when were these boys out starting their day?

vic

These MEN are 4 boats down from me and we left the dock a little past 4am he is probably one of the nicest guys you will ever meet when I first met him(1996) it was in a wallaby derby he lifted his gear for me as the fish I caught ran under his boat very bad fog that day and I was able to place a top fish in that derby and he was the only reason I was able too because of him pulling his gear in and lifting his downriggers.

On a side note he has always fished with his best friend of 25 years and a month ago his friend passed away so it was fitting and how he helped me that one time it comes around again its called KARMA.

I was very happy he won just wish I didnt tell him where I was going that morning as we sat on his boat the night before drinking bevies LOL karma again.

Wolf

Any reports on Sooke this week? Wanted to go out tomorrow but with the price of gas, I want to make sure its worth it.

thanks,

Dudds

After blowin' doughnuts my first 4 outings of the spring, I have now got fish my last three trips including the last two days. If you count the Head and Aldridge as being "Sooke", there are certainly some fish around. Good luck!

Was out today and put a 21 lbs in the boat near trap. I saw several other fish caught and several more at the docks. It looked like each boat had a least one decent fish. The seals were brutal today! I have never seen so many seals at one location and I watched them take more than their share of fish.

Nice work chubby and great to hear there are some coho around - I didn't catch a single one until sept. last year.

I'll be out tomorrow afternoon and packin heat for any seals who think they want to follow my boat.

It was a slow ebb current most of the day. 3 of the fish were caught between 1300 and 1500 hrs. I seen a few fish lost to seals, turn your clicker off on your reel they listen for it.

went out today from early till about 9, lost a nice one to a seal and landed a not as nice one, but it'll still taste good. It was a bit choppy but still a nice morning. lots of undersizers around today. We shook off at least 5 or 6 of them.

We were out at Beechey and Otter today. Landed a 20 pound spring and an 8 pound hatchery coho. Released 4 other cohos. Big surprise to find so many cohos this early. Some were a good size approaching 8 pounds. Windy early but it really settled down after 12 and was almost glassy for about 30 minutes in the afternoon around 1:30. No seal problems today

Had fun today off Race raocks took out 2 halibut virgins and stole their cherries[}:)] not sure but I think they want to come out again:D

th_HalibutJune22_2007003.jpg

Fished the head today from 6 to 7:30 am for 2 springs, biggest 23 lbs and 1 hatch job. Nice morning.
T2

Was out yesterday. Fished from Beachy Head to Trap Shack. Not a sniff. We did see a really good one lost to a seal. That guy was not happy. Was anyone else catching fish yesterday?

There was a good bite between the head and the trap Saturday morning but it was not absolutely tight in to the beach.
T2

Was out yesterday. A lot of boats around the head, didn't see many fish caught. Lucky to get two small teens threw back a nice ling and about a 4 LB blue back Cheers

FIshed hard all week end in the Wannabee derby. Hooked a couple of nice fish at Otter but they spit the hook. Also hooked a few hatchery fish which we released. Only managed 1 close to 10. Sunday there was a bite on at the trap around 5:30 but all fish were around 6-10 lbs. Not sure what is happenning out there but no hawgs to speak of. Just lots and lots of little fish.

Back