Sooke Reports - 2007

nice!! i still havent got out around the corner to drop a line , still kinda nervous maybe i should just buck up and go out with you wolf..:D

That pic was taken about 5 mins after it was caught and she had a dark belly already.

Lenard just e-mail me if you want to go.

Wolf

Beauty!!!

Now if you could just herd some of those monsters in our direction.....

Thanks for the pic wolf,,, and good job... Please keep the pics coming its all I have to keep me going till I can make it out there.. 68 days and counting....
We were able to book at Sunny Shores after all for this summer.. Seems the deal Andy had fell through.. When the wife and I were out in April we stopped in to see Andy and its when we found out that they were taking bookings for the summer,,, man was I glad.. I was not looking forward to Camble River for our fishing trip.. Something about washing hooks for 10 days just didn't apeal to me...
Please keep the info and pics coming...

hey wolf nice fish,
when are you headin' north?
I'm in school all summer so I won't make it until the end of August, but the Lodge started up on the 1st. a little slow as expected but still fish up to 29 so far. I might be at Salmon Beach Ucluelet this weekend but if not, I'll see you out there, look for the tiny blue boat with too many people on it and a plume of exhaust behind it!

later,

Dudds

Today we got a nice 22 pounder for our 3 hours spent.. well Scott did that is. I got nothing, not even a beer buzz.
2007fish003.jpg

hhhhmmmmmm that place looks like somewhere I know!!!!!!!!ill be there tommorow

Wolf

Hey wolf have you had any trouble with those trophy reels? i blew up two within days of spooling them up? Maybe it was me or just bad reels? Let me know, thanks
Steve

I had a small probelm last year where the cork separated from the brass gear and i fixed it, first varsol the cork to get the oil off them scuffed both the cork and the brass where it fits and then I used 5 min epoxy on it and drilled out a piece of wood to fit through the hole on the brass part and put a 30 lb weight on it to make sure the epoxy would really adhere no problem now.

I have had them for almost 5 years now and think there are great bought a few more for this year it takes a few trips to get broken in I did notice the new ones like to creep out line JUST like a new islander but it gets better with each trip I cant afford almost 700 bucks for a reel.ill look at them for you if you want???

Good luck Wolf

Hopefully getting out tommorow looks like the wind gods are going to calm down cross the fingers

Wolf

Speaking of the wind gods we were out today and fished the Trap and Aldridge from 2:00 to 8:00 p.m. One good take but no hook ups. Hardly worth all of the bouncing around. When will the wind die down?

Beautiful day out there we hit otter,muir then secretary it seemed slow every where back out again the fish that were there this past week seem to be GONE.

Wolf

Fished Secretary, trap, Beechy. Caught a 23 at the 1:00 tide change. Nothing else. Did hear of a few being caught but never saw one brought in. Charter at cleaning station had probably 4 or 5 that were under 12 lbs.

Fished sooke near secretary (without a sounder!) - landed 5 springs, two around 12lbs and the others smaller. One of the little ones lost half a tail to a jackass seal. We couldn't find anything big today but there we heard a couple caught on the radio ~ not many though. Typical early June hunting. First trip of the season. Need a new sounder....[:0]

Back