Sooke Reports - 2007

I could be wrong, but i don't think so... those big fat guys seem to lounge there pretty steady... i am often seeing smaller seals following the boats. Either way, its a pain in the butt...

Back on topic, I was out at Otter today we got a couple small ones, lost a big one, snapped my line damit, I was really excited it just kept peeling off line! Next time! Pretty ruff out there as well.

Was down at trap got 3 saw a few others caught.

Wolf

quote:Originally posted by kelly

today when i got sealed i was trying to hit him with the net and i did a few times and it didnt phase him at all. I was ready to jump in and grab my danm fish. Any good ideas to stop seals once they grab ur fish other than chasing them.........
I am told if you keep on top of them for about 20 minutes they will let go of your fish.[?]..it's either that or they drown.I know it would be a pain in the *ss chasing them around but worth the effort if it is a big fish.

quote:Originally posted by D.S.C.

Back on topic, I was out at Otter today we got a couple small ones, lost a big one, snapped my line damit, I was really excited it just kept peeling off line! Next time! Pretty ruff out there as well.
You got SEALED:D

a big seal washed up at the beach down by the breakwater. there maybe another at the boat ramp... they sure do stink

2 in the boat also 8 and 12 seen lots of seals but didn't get sealed almost got eagled ,wow that was a sight .Turn the ratchit off for the seals ,that use to help in sidney .

Do you think so? I didn't see one seal over there. But hey that could explain it.
quote:Originally posted by kippersnack

quote:Originally posted by D.S.C.

You got SEALED:D

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER use a stock coyote hook!!!!!!!

THEY ARE CRAP!!!

Not at Sooke but Pedder Bay.
Talked to a guide at Pedder today, he reported that the fishing was slow but a 43lb spring had been caught today that would be Saturday.
Davie

There is some nice fish out there it seems they are in little pockets so when you do get them, I have gotten double headers nothing huge yet mid 20's seems there are a lot of teens out there great fighting CLEAN fish and bait EVERYWHERE been mostly trap sec,P.P. out again today.

Good luck Wolf

Hey Wolf, are there lots of Springs yet or is it still hit & miss ?
i hear there is lot's of bait.:D
if it holds well, i think i'll make a trip next weekend.

Well today was nice we got a 32 lb er

To answer your question R.S. there is fish there you just have to work for them been getting a few fish each trip.

here is todays pic

SalmonSooke2007005-1.jpg

Good luck Wolf

nice fish dude, was it that dark out of the water or was that in the box for a little bit before the pic?

Back