Sooke Reports - 2007

wolf

Well like last year might as well start a new report and see how far it can go!!!!

Was out today saw a few fish caught I personally had 2 on and lost them both the best one(mid to high 20's) 10 ft from the boat to a fu*&ken seal cant believe it is this bad aleady I have seen seals take about 10 fish already think its time for something to be done out there.

On the plus side was it ever nice out flat calm and hot was in shorts and t by 7 am..

Wolf

Lost 1 to a seal on my first trip to the Trap Shack this year. Never had problems there before.

Make sure when the fisheries guy at the dock asks if you lost any to seals today, the answer is always Yes.

Tips

Not saying it is right or wrong but if you were playing paint ball with the seals??? would they play nicer with the salmon??? Or is that cruel cause they don't have any ammo???

No I do not own a paintball gun And I would never do or approve of such a thing

Get a real gun Ringo!!!

Not that I approve or would do such a thing, but maybey a 30/30 to the side of the ****in head might help!

Fished from 1030 - 100 and Got a 17# and lost another one of Church before the seal got it. The 17 we did get also had a slash down it's side from a seal. Another seal followed us around the whole time. Worst i have ever seen for seals. The fisheries observer at Pedder that took some scales and DNA clip off the fish said most fish he has seen this week have fresh scars from seals[?].

quote:Originally posted by wolf

Well like last year might as well start a new report and see how far it can go!!!!

Was out today saw a few fish caught I personally had 2 on and lost them both the best one(mid to high 20's) 10 ft from the boat to a fu*&ken seal cant believe it is this bad aleady I have seen seals take about 10 fish already think its time for something to be done out there.

On the plus side was it ever nice out flat calm and hot was in shorts and t by 7 am..

Wolf

Sorry to hear that Wolf...I saw you hook up in tight, right in front of the Shack and when you ****ed off 20 minutes later I though you were going in to weigh in a 50#.

I had one strike and saw 4 or 5 fish caught, things seem to be improving daily as they should.

As for the seals, I literally had one little ******* follow me from the reef all the way down to O'Brien then most of the way back again. At one instance I ID'd four different ones, you could almost see the drool running out of their dirty yaps.

Seal took one from us last night at the trap what an adventure we had right from the outside of the trap reef right to the rocks over 1 hour total fight time only to have the line break going over a rock .:([xx(][V]

This isn't a good sign Wolf and it's only going to get worse. I'll chip in $5 a nose. No tears shed here.

I left because I was so pissed off LOL had that big ******* follow me around that reef all morning plus my buddy had to go in to do his boat but me being mad made the decision easier as I hate too loose LOL

Good luck Wolf

There are also some off of Shearingham.............went through about 30 marbles on the wrist rocket yesterday , one hit maybe ........one bite , no fish in the boat.

AL

today when i got sealed i was trying to hit him with the net and i did a few times and it didnt phase him at all. I was ready to jump in and grab my danm fish. Any good ideas to stop seals once they grab ur fish other than chasing them.........

If its as bad as everyone is saying,I'm changing to stainless wire line and bringing along a big capacitor-one of the subwoofer drivers.
Now thats gotta hurt![}:)]

I've often wondered if the problem seals are the same ones we feed back at the cleaning station. Turn on the water to clean your fish and they come running.
We,re basically training them to find a fisherman to get fed. They have no fear.

Back