Sooke Report -- 2008 season

Hey Bananas, you are blowing me away... are Kings not over 30 lbs.... you the man :) SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

No No not over 30lbs thats tyee Kings are what the us anglers call them.they weren't huge at all 23 the biggest but after all the doom and gloom i've been hearing 8 SPRINGS was a fun morning.

Hey Bananas, great fish... Last year my personal best was 29 lbs. so things are looking up for this year, at least with you noted expertise! Thanks, SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

No flaties on the tinie yet but then again when after them, we go on the puss. Pulled up a couple 40-60lb skates on Sat but let them go.
You sick of sushi and sake yet?
cheers
quote:Originally posted by sailingpasificblue

Hey gypseas, long time no fish, have you landed a halibut in that school bus of yours yet or are you still sporting the white stripe down your back?

SLD[8D]

gonefishingsign.gif

No, I would rather eat raw fish and drink Saki any day over the crap that these fishhead cooks are serving up. Athough we did have Kobe beef and Alaskan King crab legs for dinner last night. The captain must have been in a good mood to allow the cooks into his personal stash. So it sounds like I am not missing much action back there, no real fish to be had; more for me when I get home!

SLD[8D]
quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

No flaties on the tinie yet but then again when after them, we go on the puss. Pulled up a couple 40-60lb skates on Sat but let them go.
You sick of sushi and sake yet?
cheers
quote:Originally posted by sailingpasificblue

Hey gypseas, long time no fish, have you landed a halibut in that school bus of yours yet or are you still sporting the white stripe down your back?

SLD[8D]

gonefishingsign.gif

mike
You may be better off just sening me you email than replying to it or try shifting the spaces until my email works.

SLD[8D]
quote:Originally posted by mlaag

Hey your email you sent is not correct
can you resend
Mike

6:00am @ Secretary

6amsecretaryislandjune15.jpg

Sheringham a tad later

april08032.jpg

And back in the afternoon

june15hali.jpg

What an awesome day [8D]
cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Your going to make me cry gypseas,, nice pics man thx.. I need those to keep me going bro keep them coming...

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Hey Gypseas
You got yourself a couple of nice little chickens, but I notice that your not on the bus, How much did the captain charge you for that adventure. And now for the big question, who landed them you or the skipper? Does this mean there is still no real salmon runs happening yet?

SLD[8D]
quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

6:00am @ Secretary

6amsecretaryislandjune15.jpg

Sheringham a tad later

april08032.jpg

And back in the afternoon

june15hali.jpg

What an awesome day [8D]
cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Hey Steve
Can you believe it he had catch of the day
He also caught a monster skate and I only caught one smaller hali.
I believe the apprentice is finaly coming round

Worst fishing year on record? I havent caught a thing this season, been out 3 times now. Do I even consider buying a license next year?

Mike
You a good mentor, I noticed in the background that Dave's boat was not in my slip. Have you seen him down at the dock's? How's Michels boat running and has he been out with any success. I went fishing the other day or I should say that a fish thought I was bait and bit me while I was snorkling, I guess I got a little to close for it's liking. Can't wait to have on the end of my line vice holding onto the inside of my leg.

SLD[8D]

No I have not seen him for a while
There was a Island outfitters boat in your spot for the derby
Do you want me to look into it

Mike that would be great, I will contact Dave and find out if he allowed them to be there and if not the marine owes me some cash or a reduced monthly payment.

Back