Sooke info

morganic

After 10 years going to bamfield my crew and I decided to give sooke a go this year. Were booked at sunny shores mon to Friday next week. I'm wondering if you guys can help on must haves for tackle. Teasers hootchies spoons. Also tides next week seem real flat as in not much swing to them. how will this affect fishing. Following the reports thread I've learned the names of locations such as otter,Muir etc. Does any particular location fish better on the flood and or ebb for springs.
Any info too help make the trip appreciated
Thanks mo

lots of smaller bait around this year, standard fare here is bait, but more and more have been using spoons - gibbs skinny's are very popular. Teasers....bloody nose, purple haze, green glow, chromes the most common, betsy golds & silvers, purple haze & onion flashers. Use purple if you are in the fog...silvers/chromes if sunny. Typical fishing 30-50 first light in tight, 50-100 rest of day, pinks are out front - 400' to 550' anywhere from 30-120. Floods work the points (ie, beechy, Otter), ebbs work in betweens...Muir Creek, trailer, Trap shack (look for the shack on the way to Beechy Head but fish carefully with the reefs that go straight out). Secretary right out front along the 200' dropoff gives you a good mix of action...guys are probably starting to hug from Possession along to Sooke Bluffs in 60-80' water as well as the sooke fish start to move in, but watch the boundary line. That should get you started, but that is the general weekend warrior summary, not the specific day to day where and what its at summary!

Back