Sooke Coho Derby Oct 12

Doug

Sooke Coho Derby will be Sat, Oct 12th, sun rise to 1430 hrs.
Tickets on sale at the Crab Shack, Eagle Eye and ........
Tickets $30 per rod
1/2 the funds raised will go to the winner and the other 1/2 to Charters Creek. Last year's winner won $3,500. There will also be a lot of other prize.
If you donate a fish to the food bank you will receive a ticket for a great prize draw.

There are lots of big Coho out there so anyone can be a winner so get out there and get your tickets.

Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

Don't follow me, I've been living in Kelowna since the start of Sept. and have no clue where to fish. YET.

With this derby anyone can win, you just have to be in the hot spot and be lucky.

I will just follow you LOLOL. Good to her its on....Have to pick up some tickets today then...

What! no dinner & free booze...8-o

There is no limit on ticket sales and tickets will be on sale until late Friday afternoon Oct 11th.

There has been lots of interest so there should be a great 1st place $$$$$.

I've fished the last three days and there are lots of fish out there, like the ones shown in High Five photo.

Get your tickets.

what are the rules regs ? is there a website with any info

Thanks

The rules for fishing are DFO regulations. You can fish from Victoria to Point No Point, sunrise to 1430 hrs. Weigh in is at Jock's Dock in Sooke.
There is no Web site.

Coho fishing was slow slow slow yesterday. We only hooked up 1/3 as many times as we did the days before and from what I heard on the radio and saw at the dock most had the same luck.

I'm located in ladysmith and was wondering if thier is any way I could order the tickets online thanks

There is no web site and no on line ticket sales.

I talked with the Crab Shack yesterday and he said that on the day of the derby (prior to 730 am) ticket will be available at the Crab Shack Hut at Jocks Dock. Someone will be there or if they are not, there will be envelopes at the door for you to place your funds in, along with a paper for you to write your name on and also place it in the same envelope and then slide it under the Crab Shack door.

I bought a ticket yesterday at Island Outfitters - $25.00 (not $30.00) There is an option to buy a side bet, but no info on what it costs.

I bought a ticket yesterday at Island Outfitters - $25.00 (not $30.00) There is an option to buy a side bet, but no info on what it costs.

2xeagle16

You got a discount at $25.

Tickets are $30

I understand there is a side bet which cost and extra $20. When purchasing your ticket there is a small box that gets check off on your ticket if you supply the extra $20.

A limited amount of Sooke Coho Derby Tickets are available at:

- Eagle Eye Wilderness and the Crab Shack in Sooke
- Wise-Buys Fishing Supplies in Colwood.
- Island Outfitters in Victoria.

If you need to finding out what is working to catch Coho, ask at any of the above stores when picking up your tickets. They all can help and probably have the require gear in stock.

Good Luck

Thanks Doug..
thinking about picking up a cpl tickets...now if i cant stick around till 2:30 does that matter?
Will i still be entered for the Draw?

The rules for fishing are DFO regulations. You can fish from Victoria to Point No Point, sunrise to 1430 hrs. Weigh in is at Jock's Dock in Sooke.
There is no Web site.

Coho fishing was slow slow slow yesterday. We only hooked up 1/3 as many times as we did the days before and from what I heard on the radio and saw at the dock most had the same luck.

Thanks Doug..
thinking about picking up a cpl tickets...now if i cant stick around till 2:30 does that matter?
Will i still be entered for the Draw?

If you win a prize and you have supplied your name and phone # they will contact you and arrange for a prize pick-up.

Fishing for the last three days has been great. Lots of action and all boats are catching numerous good size Coho.

High 5, your son may be in for some serious competition. My 4 year old says "game on!"

Looks like great weather and great fishing.
Good way to spend a day with the family. I will have 3 generations on board.

Tips

I'm considering entering, I've never launched my boat out at Sooke before and I am not familiar with the boat launch parking situation. I always go to cheanu marina. Will Sooke be a gong show tomorrow trying to launch my boat. Do they have good size parking lots. I am assuming it's going to be very busy. Is the boat launch easy to find? Thanks

Back