Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

Launched the yak yesterday at Whiffen Spit and went out front for springs--not much for me, 1 undersized for the morning. Saw a few boys trying for the last hali of 2013.
T2

fished from 1030-230 off the bluffs 130-170 ft bouncing bottom with spoons and plastic. glow white hootchie was the hot rod and coho killer in green and glow was also working. kept 2 about 7 and 10lb and let 3 or 4 smaller ones go along with several little shakers. The glow hootchie was getting consistent hits and a few were lost on the way up. time to replace that hook.

Went out fishing with my buddy this morning from 0900-11:30, fished the bluffs to trailer park at 90-110 ft, cop car spoon, no flasher right off bottom, landed 7 kept 4, lots of fun, first time out since October, gorgeous day on the water!!!
umyvaqa2.jpg
agyjumed.jpg
qeqa9e6u.jpg
u3ynyzad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fished from 9:30am till 2:30pm today in Bluffs to Trailer Park area. Fabulous day on the water with light ESE breeze but unfortunately fishing was very poor. Got one fish that felt decent before losing it about 30 yards form the boat and one little 2lb fish that went back. That was it for the entire 5 hours. Threw everything at them and tried from 110' all the way out to 170'. At least a dozen boats out there but did not see any nets in the water.
That makes two winter trips in a row without a single keep able winter chinook. Sooke winter fishing certainly is not what it used to be! (At least outside down to trailer park it is not).

On the water at 8:30 cleaning fish at the dock at 11:30 nothing to write home about 4 for 2, 6-7 lbers canning material.

Purple haze hootchie on purple haze flasher at 135-145 on the rigger in 100-125 ft of water on the bluffs 5-10ft off the bottom on a rather fast troll.

Thanks Doug for the tip ;)

No pics ... sorry Lippy

cheers

Wowsers!! that looks very yummy, lately I've been messing up my fish smoking so just following the boss's orders ;)
cheers

Anytime Gypseas,
Just leave a few fish for me when I get back in April

On the water at 8:30 cleaning fish at the dock at 11:30 nothing to write home about 4 for 2, 6-7 lbers canning material.

Purple haze hootchie on purple haze flasher at 135-145 on the rigger in 100-125 ft of water on the bluffs 5-10ft off the bottom on a rather fast troll.

Thanks Doug for the tip ;)

No pics ... sorry Lippy

cheers

Doug should have shared that info for "doom and gloom englishman" seems he cant catch fish in any condition.....from what ive heard and seen this year has been downright awesome for winters .....time to get a new hobby me thinks......

BTW that salmon looks AWESOME !!!!!

Wolf

Last edited by a moderator:
Back