Sooke 2013 Fishing Reports

went out and fished the flag pole,bedfords,aldridge,church,only one real nice hit and run and released a small 10 inch shaker,no crab either,,there is a guy that has 3 markers for prawn traps around the flag pole area,,makes it a bit tricky to avoid his lines if you fish that area,,always a new venture every time out,,and no i did not cut his lines,,but maybe next time out,,,if i do tangle with them,then concider them lost (goneso)

those prawn traps were there friday on the 125ft line.that is where i like to fish. 4 boats were trolling around them but to risky for me.fished beachiehead in close and out to 500ft and back to the marina for nothing.tried again sat. prawn traps were still there (**** me off again) fished the bedfords and church rock back to the marina for nothing again. the prawn traps were still there. I know i don't own the ocean but what ever i still wanted to fish there

I know i don't own the ocean but what ever i still wanted to fish there

If you knew the direction of the current I would think navigating around the traps and lines shouldn't be too difficult.

The prawn fisherman could be thinking the same thing you guys are..."damn salmon fisherman always fishing in the best prawn spot"

Can't we all just get along?

You sure they are prawn..there have been some Van crab guys running gear farther out than the local guys do farther up to the west.

on saturday afternoon i seen the guy pull his traps up to check them and they were most definately prawn traps,,if i were to go out there in the bay to put down my 4 prawn traps then there would be nowhere to fish for salmon in that area,,and that is a good salmon fishing area,,

on saturday afternoon i seen the guy pull his traps up to check them and they were most definately prawn traps,,if i were to go out there in the bay to put down my 4 prawn traps then there would be nowhere to fish for salmon in that area,,and that is a good salmon fishing area,,

better be careful what you say , if anyone ever cut my traps because they thought they had more right to fish there , it would be war. and they had better watch boats carefully afterwards.

What I'm hearing is the trough infront of Cheanuh is good for prawning. Keep advertising and you'll have more then a couple traps there.

3" Spoons in white and yellow. Purple onion flasher with glow strip. Used the flashlight trick since im fishing deep 140ft on rigger in 180 ft water.

-KK

What is going on in Sooke these days? I have a trip tomorrow and have to make a decision...Victoria and the seals or Sooke. I'm hoping there are some fish around out there as it looks like a bit less wind is predicted for Sooke on Thursday and more off Victoria. Any recent reports?

Little birdy just flew by and said that the harbour and trailer park have been decent. Nothing over the moon but fish up to 10 pounds.

-KK

I hear Ron M has been getting a few Rollie like Karma said not on fire no one has really been out.
Good luck wolf

I've got a couple good reports over the last few days out here Rollie.
My buddy did well this afternoon with a couple fish over 10 around the rock and hooked something off the ledge in 300 ft of water. Fishing 200ft, he played with it for a half hour before it took his gear. Probably a travelbut.

Or a real late Harrison ;) Thanks guys...heading your way in the morning..weather permitting.

I heard a 60lb hali was caught near F Dock at Cheanuh

Rollie, just remember your status card :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back