Sometimes It's Just Like God Is Goofing Around With His Finger-painting Kit...

Early morning in Sooke

november2008001.jpg

DLSR, F18-30, and depending on light 3-30 second exposure with a tri pod, the longer the exposure the more the water blends and loses definition

Awesome, thanks. My wife has a super sweet Nikon. I just don't know how to use it yet.

Awesome, thanks. My wife has a super sweet Nikon. I just don't know how to use it yet.

What also really helps for motion blur in long exposures during the day is a neutral density filter. Especially needed on bright days. just screw it onto the end of your lens.

And if you are interested in learning how to use your wife`s nikon, you might want to check out these tutorials. http://www.nikondigitutor.com/index_eng.html

Last edited by a moderator:
long exposures.........
This one is 15 sec.
_DSC0151.JPG

......4 sec
_DSC0133.JPG

......15 sec
DSC_0286.JPG

.......1/30 of a sec
DSC_0416.JPG

Edge of a front from Davis Bay on Christmas Day.

Take care.

XmasDads002.jpg

IMG_2267-Copy.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

No siree... I think we got a 23 and a 14 that day if I remember correctly

Awesome moon shot Dave!.......

Nice pics of sandcut creek. Sandcut and I have had our differences. I took my new 600$ camera up there and fell down the river and into the water and shattered the flash on it. This was in Nov 2010.

Wicked pics.

Fantastic pix, I have your regular canon digital camera and like most just use it on auto and just take pix. I just put it on manual and well gunna have to get a book I think cuz it looks a little confusing with F stuff and shutter speed. Nice thing about digital is you can experiment all you like and delete if not right. Thank's again for the great pix, keep them coming.

Mine will be coming as soon as I figure things out

Tony

Mine will be coming as soon as I figure things out

Youtube has some very helpful videos. I'm not much of a read and learn guy myself.

Back