Some Improvements made to Cattle Point

PatyO'Furniture

Your friends at the city of oak bay have added some hull protection to the cattle point boat ramp!

if anyone has some docks laying around maybe we can add those too!

Nice! Did they add those to the north ramp as well?

Another small improvement to the south ramp would be to add little bit of concrete to divert the watercourse from running onto the lower concrete causeway. It gets treacherously slippery right where you need to load/unl0ad.

Nice improvement. Much appreciated.
Tongue in cheek alert! New construction project in Oak Bay! Did you see any protesters concerned about the modification to this "heritage" structure. It has worked just fine with half a cleat and bumper strips falling off with bolts hanging out for years.

Awesome, good to know !!!!'
Thanks for posting

good idea with the concrete diverter for water! The wood was installed only on the south ramp, and there are cleats on the inside!

I launched Friday morning. The addition of the rub rail and cleats is a great improvement. Simple and effective.

I like it looked at it today didn't realize they put it in. However two design flaws minor but could have done alot more good: 1) lowest end of the walk should be raised almost a wedge type contour, and 2) instead of flush mounting the bottom perhaps raising a bit so that the seaweed etc washed in has a chance to wash out. Saw a guy slip and lose his coffee this morning. The pro of point 1 is larger boats can actually come in and not have to get up to their knees in water at high tide not a big deal but a nice thing to have, and point 2 self explanatory. Overall though this simple design is effective and glad people will save their gel coat I'm not the greatest at docking a boat so guess I'll have to practice up this is a very nice gesture from Oakbay.

Back