SOLD -- 2016 Boston Whaler 315 Conquest -- SOLD

I have the Yamaha 25hp HT and the only thing that I'd like to upgrade that I can't find yet is remote control throttle. Seems like their only available to 9.9. If you come across one for the 25 please let me know.

I am pretty sure they use the 704 from Yamaha, but your Yamaha dealer would know the exact part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-New...ontrol-Assembly-704-48205-R0-00-/201966735390

Unless yours is a tiller and you're looking to convert it? If that's the case I do not know. I looked into converting a Pro-Kicker 15 tiller I had before and it was cheaper just to sell it and buy a remote control version.

That's an impressive list of boat's you've owned.I have to wonder what there was about the Ocean Roamer that you didn't like (MY dream boat) or was it just time for a change?

The Ocean Sport was a great boat. I replaced it with the new 42 with IPS600 twins. Same builder - Jim Lindell. Same vacuum infused resin construction technique. Haven't fished it yet but soon I hope. 42 foot boat with 45mph top speed. Cruises 30-40mph and 1.5-1.4 mpg respectively. A very cool piece of equipment.

This Lindell 42 is available for viewings if anyone is in the market for one and doesn't have the time to drive to Washington to see one. It is kept in downtown Vancouver.

IMG_4036.jpg

Last edited:
iTroll website says the controller can be used on both main and kicker motors so might be worth contacting them re the Yamaha 25hp kicker availability. I have been happy with my kicker system.

I've looked into the drive showers for my bravo 3 x drive but found mixed messages on whether or not they work. Would you recommend having one?

The day I win the lottery,you'll be the first person I call to buy that Lindell, I promise.LOL:)

Reactions: BCI
The Ocean Sport was a great boat. I replaced it with the new 42 with IPS600 twins. Same builder - Jim Lindell. Same vacuum infused resin construction technique. Haven't fished it yet but soon I hope. 42 foot boat with 45mph top speed. Cruises 30-40mph and 1.5-1.4 mpg respectively. A very cool piece of equipment.

This Lindell 42 is available for viewings if anyone is in the market for one and doesn't have the time to drive to Washington to see one. It is kept in downtown Vancouver.

View attachment 36225
nice very nice ........

Reactions: BCI
I've looked into the drive showers for my bravo 3 x drive but found mixed messages on whether or not they work. Would you recommend having one?

I've done some research where people are showing 30-50 degree drops in gear oil temp with the shower as measured with a remote gear smart outdrive oil temp gauge. That's good enough for me to justify the cost of the drive shower and the gear smart gauge.

I had a Fountain 27 Fever with a Bravo 1 and it came with a drive shower from the factory. Seems when pushing big power through the drives may as well do anything you can to keep the temps down in them.

Here is a snip from an alternate page where they talk about DPH drives and showers;

PASTE;

Hello,
I´ve now driven appr. 90 hours with the Gear Smart gauge installed. It´s awesome and should be a standard equipment with the dph outdrives since their HUGE problem is overheating.
My boat is a 33ft, 8.800 lb deep-v hull with a D6-370 and G6 propellers. It reaches the recommended wot rpm 3,500. My cruising rpm is around 3.050 which gives a speed of 32 knots. With this configuration I´ve recorded following outdrive temperatures (at water temperature of 65F):
Without drive shower:
- cruising 210F
- wot 250F (didn´t really want to test how high it would go...)
With drive shower:
- cruising 185F
- wot 200F
I had a lubrication analysis made for the dph-A by a highly professional research institute. Their conclusion was that the recommended oil 75W90 gives a sufficient oil film thickness at 120F. At 185F the oil film is practically non-existing. However according to them, a 75W140 oil gives same performance at 210F than the 75W90 at 120F. You can guess which oil I use now...
My conclusion is that the only way to survive with these outdrives is to use the above mentioned oil and an efficient drive shower.
Btw. I´m now on my 6th dph in 900 hours (5x dph-A´s and now a dph-D). All five A´s have lost teeth in either upper or lower corner gears.
Best regards,
PolarBear

A drive shower certainly can't hurt anything that I can see. I have them on my bravo diesels and haven't had a problem in many years... knock on wood. Like the idea of the smart gear guages. may have to look into that. Never hurts to know what temps your equip is running at...

What is the ball park cost to install the shower and smart gear gauges on the Outdrive?

Awesome information BCI.

Oly

What is the ball park cost to install the shower and smart gear gauges on the Outdrive?

Awesome information BCI.

Oly

I would budget 2-3 hours for the outdrive temp gauge and probe and 1-2 hours for the drive shower, per drive.

The Gear Smart drive is about $300 USD -- here is the website for it. Made is Washington state;

https://gear-smart.com/shop?olsFocus=false&olsPage=products

The drive shower I got from Islands Marine Centre. Here is there comments on it;

PASTE;
The drive cooler part is $350 each and it takes approx. 1 hour per drive
to install. We do recommend painting the components. A plastic cover is
removed for the install and painting under where the cover was needs to be
painted as well.
Thank you,

Mason Miller for
Chela King
ISLANDS MARINE CENTER
SERVICE DEPT. MANAGER
360-468-3377
END PASTE.