sockeye

Dont know but they have opened it for netting on the chillawack for first nations all the way up to the hatchery for socks.

haha on a different forum I dug up (accidentaly of course) a thread started in 2001 or something. Three forum members got really pissed off. Glad to see that that is not happening here

The 3 guy's are probably the same type that " try the search feature", I'm sure you've seen that response, on other forums!

The 3 guy's are probably the same type that " try the search feature", I'm sure you've seen that response, on other forums!
Some forums are just so full of negative and aggressive people. Others are full of really helpful people where you get a response within minutes. Others have helpful people, but it can take days to get an answer.

Yup, common on a couple of other forums I've seen.
Here they usually have a tid bit, like you said, some folks just ain't friendly.

If y'all want some Sockeye, there's 200,000 of them on their way into Osoyoos Lake as we speak. 2 per day. Two friends brought home their limits by 9:00 am yesterday. 40-58 feet, slow troll, pink Squirts, short leader. Fish were near chrome.

Well, more like closer to 650,000 fish now.

Here's an interesting thing that is happening there. In Osoyoos Lake, you can retain two Sockeye, however the local FN Band and DFO have made an 'agreement' which will allow sporties to 'keep two fish per day but they can continue to fish and catch as many salmon as they can, with any fish caught over the daily limit turned over to the Okanagan Indian Band which will then sell the fish at the market outside the cultural centre.'

I'm thinking this will work for those that hire any one of the approved guide services, but how can this be enforced for the do it your selfers?

'Sir, how can you account for the eight sockeye in your cooler?'

'Oh, those, I was just on my way to the band office to drop off six.'

More info http://www.osoyoostimes.com/news/20...soyoos-lake-predicted-to-be-one-for-the-ages/

Is that the main lake that runs to Penticton, or the side of the causeway that runs to Oreville Wash.?
When I was a kid growing up in the Similkameen Valley, it was all refered to as Skaha Lake.

It's the north end of Osoyoos Lake, then into the Okanagan River, then into Vaseaux, then into Skaha, then into the Channell,then into OK Lake.

Yup, I just checked with my cousin, still lives in Penticton. Skaha ends at O.K. falls then it becomes a river channel. We used to go down to the old weir, in the channel between O.K. lake and Skaha, and watch them run through. My cousin tells me that hasn't happened in decades!
Be nice to see them make it all the way through again!

Back