So what is everyone else doing this summer?

I’m going to continue fishing for the next 3 months and have something else for dinner. Then I will embrace the fish I do get later on. I have long suspected this was coming. Sooner than later.

I too will be doing what I love. I filled out my annual limit on winter springs so my freezer is lined for the time being.

I just dropped 19k on repowering so they're not stopping me.

I’ll be chasing walleye all summer, big lakers, big pike in the spring in the bays then head out to Ucluelet in August for our saltwater trip so it will be business as usual for us.

But I truly feel for some of the people this is going to effect and the income they so need to support their families. This is bigger than us being able to keep a few fish, that’s of little consequence here,, it’s the loss of income for people that chills me.

From those of us that know what it’s like to have your livelihood attacked by uninformed ideological groups and politicians that feel its more important to cater to the popular vote and trend rather than on true science and common knowledge we feel for you guys man, we do.

I’ll be coming out this summer to help out and put some income into your coffers hope it helps out those that need it.

Just remember this all come election time this fall and in your next provincial election and get those left wing ENGO supporting politicians out of power you guys come in now.

I’m going to up the lawn keeping game....already have the nicest grass on the block....and enjoy some Thoroughbred Horse Racing too in addition to the rest of the stuff I commented on earlier....damn it’s going to hurt waiting for August to go put a few Chinook in the freezer for Thanksgiving eats with the family.

On the plus side, the blasted seals are going to have a harder time eating fish...they’re going to have to work very hard for their food because us anglers won’t be out there slowing those Chinooks down.

As a former sportfishing industry employee who put food on the table from this industry ...I offer my condolences to all in the industry who feed their families and pay the bills who are affected directly and indirectly by these decisions.

I have already spent $3000 less than last year and counting in the last 5 hours as a direct result of this decision..... By the end of he season this number is going to be huge. Funds into the accounts and not the economy.

I’m going to up the lawn keeping game....already have the nicest grass on the block....and enjoy some Thoroughbred Horse Racing too in addition to the rest of the stuff I commented on earlier....damn it’s going to hurt waiting for August to go put a few Chinook in the freezer for Thanksgiving eats with the family.

On the plus side, the blasted seals are going to have a harder time eating fish...they’re going to have to work very hard for their food because us anglers won’t be out there slowing those Chinooks down.

As a former sportfishing industry employee who put food on the table from this industry ...I offer my condolences to all in the industry who feed their families and pay the bills who are affected directly and indirectly by these decisions.

I have already spent $3000 less than last year and counting in the last 5 hours as a direct result of this decision..... By the end of he season this number is going to be huge. Funds into the accounts and not the economy.
My favourite post ever from you. So true friend.

I’ll be chasing walleye all summer, big lakers, big pike in the spring in the bays then head out to Ucluelet in August for our saltwater trip so it will be business as usual for us.

But I truly feel for some of the people this is going to effect and the income they so need to support their families. This is bigger than us being able to keep a few fish, that’s of little consequence here,, it’s the loss of income for people that chills me.

From those of us that know what it’s like to have your livelihood attacked by uninformed ideological groups and politicians that feel its more important to cater to the popular vote and trend rather than on true science and common knowledge we feel for you guys man, we do.

I’ll be coming out this summer to help out and put some income into your coffers hope it helps out those that need it.

Just remember this all come election time this fall and in your next provincial election and get those left wing ENGO supporting politicians out of power you guys come in now.

Actually funny you say thought I caught Rainforest today broadcast a movie on their facebook site. The movie is all about salmon hatcheries and how they hurt the ecosystem. This is what we are dealing with and it's sad.

Conservatives for me next election.

Actually funny you say thought I caught Rainforest today broadcast a movie on their facebook site. The movie is all about salmon hatcheries and how they hurt the ecosystem. This is what we are dealing with and it's sad.

Conservatives for me next election.
Sadly the Liberals caved to ENGO’s to try a get their vote. The funny thing is the ENGO’s will vote Green anyway lol

Engos will vote for who every will drove their agenda. They pushed for Rachel notlie and NDP in Alberta and once she put in the carbon tax they abandoned her shortly after.

These groups have millions in funding

Engos will vote for who every will drove their agenda. They pushed for Rachel notlie and NDP in Alberta and once she put in the carbon tax they abandoned her shortly after.

These groups have millions in funding

Not for long,, we are in the process of booting our commies to the curb where they belong. Looking good, easy UCP majority so far. One seat for a commie is too many for me though.

Now I know what they felt like when the Berlin Wall was coming down.

I
Can anyone explain to me how, if it is OK to catch and release,how retaining one clipped hatchery fish is going to have any effect on the survival of early Fraser River Chinooks?Am I missing something here or are we just being stomped for nothing?
think that might **** off the Americans who are heavily restricted down here

Well ****. Game Over. What is everyone doing all summer until a decent Chinook can be legally retained?

I’m going to Car Shows, Cruise Ins, Road Trips and Concerts since I won’t be getting up at the crack of O dark thirty to be first on the water...

#WTF
Recover from my medical issues

I am going to fish for Chinook salmon. I am still at a learning stage and I really want to fine tune my skills so I’m going to work on my brine, roll, leader lengths, speed, reading the currents etc... then battle some beauties and put them back on the ocean.
I can’t wait!
I could trout fish, but I don’t like eating those, so i would just release them too!

erhaps I will take my Silve
I

think that might **** off the Americans who are heavily restricted down here

It should not, sure off South VI we catch a fair number of smaller US hatchery fish but as I understand it, that is a trade off for all the large gorgeous Canadian wild salmon that Alaska catches. I don't think the US got the short end of that deal.

Back