So now fishing is over whos going hunting??

wolf

Hello with fishing basically done whos going hunting and where????

Me Im going up next week for an island elk hunt then nov going to sask for my annual whitetail trip in the freezing cold.
Whats your plans?????

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

I got a cow elk draw for the Kootneys, first week in November. Going to chase some whitetails as well, and maybe a 4 point Mule deer. Hope the huntin is better than the fishin was! Good luck to you on your Island Elk hunt! :)

I like wildlife; Right next to the mashed potatoes! Cheers, Island Idiot[:eek:)]

Yes cs we did and my buddy got one this year what area are you we got the whiteriver again...You?????

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

My thoughts exactly. Heard that an elk draw for VI happens every twenty years

quote:Originally posted by C.S.

Did'nt you get a bull last year wolf??? What area is your draw?

gonefishingsign.gif

Didn't get any LEH's this year, but we're going up to Burns Lake for the general opening in a little under three weeks.
Getting very excited!!!
Need to go warm up with an island blacktail before then.

Saved up enough money to finally pay for future therapy sessions for the boy (turned 13 this year) and took him out just after opening day. Will take him out when I get back home next week for the local deer. Hopefully he will take to it like I did. Need to hand down my collection of guns to someone!!!!

boc

Cypseas and Chris got good and lucky hunting partners one buddy got one this year and the other fellow got one last year and they both chose me to go with them (can you say pack mule) lol, do wish one day ILL get drawn over 20 years of putting in nada for me, we bumped into a guy up there last year and it was his 3rd draw in 5 years wtf????

have been out only 2 times so far this year and was surprised how dry the bush was finally some rain.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Hey Wolfy now that it's rained lets go give a buck a led breakfast.
I've got all the keys we need.

Got the VI elk draw last year!!! 26 years and finally got one.

Found this guy bedded on the back side of a ridge a couple of weeks ago. He sure is good eating this time of year, he was full of blueberries and huckelberries.
P9210076.jpg

Here is what he looks like after being in the Bradley for 6 hours
P9280122.jpg

Will be heading to the interior in Nov and chase some stinky mulies[:p]

Good luck to all!!!

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Wolf .Your almost to the 2000 club. Have been reading your posts for a couple of years I would guess. Congrats Willyd

Good job!!! Yummm....they look goood[:p] Enjoy the spoils of our time off of work.:D

On The Beach

Jackal,
We're leaving on the 17th to scout a couple days before opening. A friend has a cabin on Uncha Lake where we'll be staying. Driving a light blue GM pu w/grey utility trailer. Red Honda quad and red Honda motorbike.

You?

Hey Wolf saw you yesterday in the Can Tire parking lot. By the time I recognized you, you were pulling away. I head up to the interior with my son on the 18th for a week of chasing Mule deer and hopefully a spike fork. Then the second week of November off to Cold Lake Alberta for my anual white tail trip. Counting down the minutes, either way it will be more succesful than my spring fishing this year.....

Yes that was me getting something for a guick fix getting ready for this week(thurs) needed to re load some shells (7mm stw) or as my buddy says anti aircraft gun LOL.

Takes 76 gr of powder spitting out a 162 grain bullet yes it is f***** fast so I am good to go for both hunts shooting a whitetail most of the time over 200 to 300 yards sometimes further nice to have such a nice flat shooting rifle.

Good luck to you guys and your hunting trips just remember, how many hours we spend in the wilds and how little we really harvest fishing or hunting the amount of time we spend out there is incredable,but thats why we do it its always not about the killing but the good times we all have out there.

Good luck wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

It stands for "shooting times western" a writer for the magazine invented the wildcat caliber it is a 8 mm necked down to a 7 mm bullet hence the amount of powder for re loading I tried so many different types of powder and bullet combos (more than the cost of the gun LOL LOL) but it is zeroed for 300 yds and hit tacks but it kicks a bit but dont seem feel it when I am shooting at game LOL LOL

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Ah thanks for the comeback. Hotloads can take a man's shoulder off but I think you are big enough to handle it. I know what you mean about a round going off when aiming at a animal. Sometimes I ask myself if the gun went off. Like getting punched during a fight...never seems to feel as bad as in the gym. Is your rifle custom made?

Back