Sidney Report

Weinstein

My luck finally changed, my first salmon out of Sidney, not one but two! A 16lb & 12lb off Fairfax Pt on Sunday at low slack. First on Anchovy and second on Army Truck Coyote.

Thanks to all who posted their Sidney reports/tips, nice to post one of my own for a change!

Awesome, I was thinking about giving it a go today, but haven't had any luck there for a while....Maybe I'll just see what's around!

I was out by Fairfax as well, seen a guy he was by himself land a fish, looked like he was in about 18-20 ft hardtop boat, just wondering if that was you?
I didn't hook any salmon, but couldn't keep the dogfish of my line [V]

I saw the same guy, his boat looked a bit like a Hourston, not sure what make. I was out in a 24' Wellcraft Airslot (Gwailo - see pic), open top centre console. I took my mum out for her birthday fishing trip, she had a great time. We got about 4 dogfish, already had one Spring on Anchovy so decided to switch to a spoon and a hootchie on the other rod, five minutes in and the spoon got one!

What boat were you on? There was a nice Trophy out there, with a blue hull.

DSCN0246.jpg

Sounds like a great day. Have been out there a few times lately but no luck. How deep were you? I usually go around 90 to 105ft there, but just lots of dogs to date.

I was fishing around the 110ft mark, lots of fish on the sounder at the slack, then nothing about an hour later. Unfortuanltely the engine started knocking on the way back into the marina so I might have to postpone my trip this weekend.

Just when I start catching something the engine goes!

Thanks for the tip. Hope everything pans out with the motor so you can get back out - looks like this weekend will be a beauty weatherwise. Cheers.

Anyone have any reports on Sidney? Going to give it a go tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Highliner
Fish2-2.gif

Bonked a mid-teen at Fairfax this morning. I was expecting more boats. We were one of two all morning. Beautiful out there!

Highliner
Fish2-2.gif

went to head out about 1pm today but had to turn back coz it was too sloppy for her in the inlet, what was it like out at fairfax this afternoon?

Nice one Highliner!

My boat is still out of action, getting the motor looked at today, fingers crossed I'll be out next week.

Renfrew charter this Saturday, sounds like it's hot out there!

Any updates from Sidney? Has anyone on here had any success fishing Darcy island? I've never run that far south from Tulista ramp. I love trying new spots, any tips would be appreciated.

Highliner
Fish2-2.gif

Darcy is usually fished for Hali. If you're want Springs try off the Powder Warf in Sidney channel. Fairfax is still holding fish.

I was out in Sidney on Monday and Tuesday nights giving the new tub her maiden voyage(s). I got 1 undersized and my buddy lost one that straightened his hook on Monday night and I picked up a teenager on Tuesday. All fish were on Cop Car Coyotes.

Seafood, eat it, then catch more.

I was out at fairfax and my sounder was going nujts with fish but there was nothing but dog fish hitting the bait so I switched to cop cars and not a sniff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Switched to bottem fish and caucgt 5 Ling and a huge rock fish............... kept two lings around 15-20 and the rock fish.

There were a lot of boats but there seemed to be little action out side of the dogs......

anyone have better luck???????

I was out at Fairfax, Hambley and the bluffs, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday about 4 hours each day. I only saw one teenager get caught at Fairfax. All I got was a small dog and a 3 lb Chinook. Lots of bait balls everwhere though. Commercial trollers were at the Pender bluffs on Monday morning. Was following one for a few hours and I saw them get 1 small salmon on board.

Fished Pender this weekend 3rd/4th. Hit it hard for that country...10hrs Saturday and 7hrs Sunday. Tough sledding! Tried c-spoons, cutty, anchovie, and even the hootch. No shiny ones not even a sniff, but on the plus side, there are a heck of a lot less dogs left for y'all. Saw one other boat with one on that they played with for quite awile...not sure of outcome. Weather and company were great, beer waz cold and lookin forward to gittin back to the outside! Cheers.

Back