Sidney Cleaning table

Weinstein

Anybody know where there is a fish cleaning table around Sidney. ie. Tullista, Port Sidney marina? I'm at Westport marina and they don't seem to have one.

Heading out on Friday, going to give Fairfax Pt. a shot, anybody been out there this week?

Cheers,

There's usually one at Tulista, but it's nothing special. Last time I was there (a few weeks ago) they only had half of the slip in the water. So the table wasn't there. Don't know if they've put in the rest yet. The Sidney anglers have had a couple derbies since so I'd imagine they've put it in by now.

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

Usually there is a table but I just drove by Tulista 30 mins ago and there wasnt one there. They have put in the second wharf in though.

Thanks for the replies, perhaps they put the table up later in the season.

Will let you know how I get on tommorow at Fairfax, testing the new ride, let's hope it floats!;)

It's a 28ft Baha Cruiser, single screw shaft drive with a Volvo Diesel it was brought over from the States by the previous owner and needed a lot of work! Anyway, been working on it since November, so am pretty excited to get it out fishing.

I live up in Deep Cove so will have to get you out Halibut fishing one day Highliner, need to learn the ropes!

Cheers,

quote:Originally posted by Weinstein

It's a 28ft Baha Cruiser, single screw shaft drive with a Volvo Diesel it was brought over from the States by the previous owner and needed a lot of work! Anyway, been working on it since November, so am pretty excited to get it out fishing.

I live up in Deep Cove so will have to get you out Halibut fishing one day Highliner, need to learn the ropes!

Cheers,

Were you out in Deep Cove yesterday, near Wain Rock? I thought I saw a boat like that go by. We were out doing some prawning, but didn't get much for our efforts.

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

No wasn't me Highliner, I was out on Friday at Fairfax, got nothing but the boat next to me got two! Damn! Nevermind, the boat ran great and it was a good test run. Worked out I'll need some more weight on the downrigger with braided line, using that scotty braided and it drags way back!

quote:using that scotty braided and it drags way back!
Not to hijack but just use 150lb braid - that scotty stuff is way to heavy and thick.

Oh and anybody fishing wain lately, should be a few circling the rock?

Poppa, I fished Wain on Friday for a couple hours while waiting for the prawn traps to soak but nada. There was herring around though and we jigged up a couple. We did see a salmon jumping for bait at the surface though.

Highliner

www.salmonboats.ca

Back