Shuswap Lake fishing

Daveroo

We are thinking of spending a week on Shuswap Lake in mid July. Any hints to fishing the lake? Where are the best spots to fish. Troll along the shoreline? fish deep? It's a big lake to explore in only a week and fishing will just be a secondary activity for us.

I'll be bringing my boat along.

Dave

We are thinking of spending a week on Shuswap Lake in mid July. Any hints to fishing the lake? Where are the best spots to fish. Troll along the shoreline? fish deep? It's a big lake to explore in only a week and fishing will just be a secondary activity for us.

Dave

The largest squafish I’ve ever seen , chum off Nielsen beach with a handful of crushed up cheetos and they are in there like white on rice , best bait is a chunk of cheetoh with a small hook fished on the surface like a dry fly .

Dave
PM me - I have a cabin on the lake and fish there quite a bit.

I will be in the same area last week of July. Looking for some recommendations for fishing around the area as well. Have a jet boat with no down-riggers. Have used dipsy divers in the past.

Daveroo; did you try the Angler atlas?

We will be in Sicamous for a day or two of boating. We are in Penticton the last part of July and the kid wants to go back to the shark shack so I figured I could do a bit of fishing when there. No big plans and don’t have to go back to work till mid August so could go just about anywhere around there.

If your fishing in the sicamous area, after you launch, head towards the triangle fishing marker after you pass it drop your lines and troll up the railway tracks. Then I would head east towards a totem pole on the beach thats a popular area for large lakers and rainbows. Then I would continue to marble point and the narrows even farther up that side. Stay in 100 - 150' of water at all times.

If your fishing in the sicamous area, after you launch, head towards the triangle fishing marker after you pass it drop your lines and troll up the railway tracks. Then I would head east towards a totem pole on the beach thats a popular area for large lakers and rainbows. Then I would continue to marble point and the narrows even farther up that side. Stay in 100 - 150' of water at all times.

Thanks for the advice. You are talking launching from Sicamous or Salmon Arm?

Back