Shower in Bamfield?

Sentinel

Heading to Bam town next week and was unable to secure a place to stay. We do however have bha dockspace so we are staying on the boat. Is there a place to shower open to the general public near by?

Maybe head to Pachena campground and go to their pay showers? they don’t have the security gate at the front anymore. just drive in like you own the joint and head straight in with your change. can’t remember the cost; couple bucks for four minutes or something

Also there are pay showers, at the provincial campground/dock towards grappler inlet.

Thanks for all the good suggestions guys. See you all in Bamfield!

I would have been game to dock at the nook or other spots but we had a place to stay by Mill’s so we got dock reservations for dock there. The place to stay fell apart but we kept dock reservations. Too late in game to switch now but good info for next time.

What the heck?
The only thing a shower will do for you is to realize how much everyone else stinks!
At least that was the logic when was commercial fishing!

Ya somewhere after 2-3 days a good scrub down to knock the high stuff off is good for the crew’s morale. And in the immortal words of Redd Foxx
“You got’s to wash your azz”.

Ocean is well over 60* over there. Wet, too. Island West has a pay shower if you come over to the Ukee side. You need a $4.00 token from the office or pub.

I’d take my chances offshore with the killer sharkfishes before I ever jumped in the inlet. Lol.

Not sure if they still do but the
Port Alberni Yacht club use to have pay showers http://www.payc.ca/ and moorage for guests.

Went there this week on my trip to check it out for possible moorage next trip. Pulled up to the dock with my family to have a look and the guy overseeing the place was just so overbearing and rude, hovering over me blocking from actually stepping foot into the dock. Looked like a great spot but don’t think I’d go back there.

Back