shimano technium sturgeon for hali/ling?

I've used both and own both. The trevala is definitely more enjoyable to jig with because it's lighter. Rod weight plays a huge part in how enjoyable fishing can or cannot be. Look and see what weight of jigs are recommended for a particular rod and use gear in that range. Use a jig too heavy, and the rod feels sluggish. The technium has good action, solid back bone, and that 8' length is nice. Better suited for a larger reel in my opinion. The trevala is just a wicked rod to use and awesome for jigging. Shape of the foam grip is also important.

I've used both and own both. The trevala is definitely more enjoyable to jig with because it's lighter. Rod weight plays a huge part in how enjoyable fishing can or cannot be. Look and see what weight of jigs are recommended for a particular rod and use gear in that range. Use a jig too heavy, and the rod feels sluggish. The technium has good action, solid back bone, and that 8' length is nice. Better suited for a larger reel in my opinion. The trevala is just a wicked rod to use and awesome for jigging. Shape of the foam grip is also important.
Agreed. The action is unite fast on these as well. I use them for anchor Halibut fishing as well.
I would think a Sturgeon rod would fairly soft on the tip to be able to detect their soft bites?

LOVE mine for halibut as it jigs for you ...and wow fun to play a fish on it

Couple occasions I used my Sturgeon Technium heavy action rods for bottom fish. Found they are too soft to get a good hook set then went to Trevala which are very nice. Technium are excellent for Sturgeon! Not to mention it was a good reason to buy another rod!!

I dont know what weight its a 9 ft . and it can handle a good hook set had to let a monster go on it. and it handled it like a champ took us a bit to grunt it in but thats the fun part right!!!!!

I broke my Trevala hooked up on bottom
No more drift fishing Hali for me. Should have cut the line!

I use my 8’ technium for ling hali Rockcod sturgeon tuna etc. I’ve used a trevala down south and they are nice but I need a do everything rod. Love it for jigging

Back