Shimano Convergence Salmon Rods

cby

Anybody use Shimano Convergence Salmon Rods 10'6" rods, Medium Heavy action rate for 12-25lbs test.

Just looking for feedback, and or issues with these rods.

cby

Really nice rod. Doesn't bend like a rod that length,it has good backbone. I choose Shimano because if there is ever a problem,returns are easy. Good choice. :)

My Shimano Convergence Rod is 10'6", 12- 20 lb that has seen a lot of heavy use on the rivers and I am surprised that it hasn't broken. I have had absolutely zero probems with this rod.:D

Ditto, great rod for the price. Never had a problem with one,

DSCN4812-2-1.jpg

great rod, my son and I have four of them and stick with them. The warrenty is solid as well. Bought ours at Hubs in Abbey and was easily able to replace one that we broke. Solid poles, good price.

Always liked this model.

You're right Shimano does back up their products. I've had to return a trolling rod a few years ago and there was no issue.

I have had 4 of them for over 6-years and love them. Perfect action, durable, great price, good warranty all adds up to excellent value. I'll probably pick up another one or two in the off season for backup purpose.

Have used the Convergence in both salt-water and river applications. Good rod for the money.
Now however, I greatly prefer their "Technium" series for the chuck, and have replaced all the trolling rods with these. For the few sheckles more, the rod is superb in this application. 2 years now on a most of them, countless clients' hands, and no failures thus far speaks volumes IMHO.

Cheers,
Nog

Me too went form convergence to the techs as well, like the feel and would say they compare nicely to the loomis s that i have plus they look cool in the sun with the pattern of the graphite LOL
3 years now for me.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Like IronNoggin and Wolf, I use the Shimano "Technium" series and couldn't be happier, unless I caught more and bigger fish of course....:D:D SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

I too switched from Convergance to Technium rods. The Techniums are stronger and more durable then the Convergance with better action and are just as light.

Sharp hooks and full traps!

I have two Convergence rods and they are great. Had to warranty one since it broke in half(rod defect). Great since then though.

2 weeks ago the convergence medium - heavy was 70 bucks at gone fishin, as well the abu 6500c's were on for 125 bucks good combo for the price. I've been runnin one int he river for 2 years now no issues

Got mine from Canadian Tire around 59bux. Haven't tried it yet but was too good of a deal to pass. It might've been in the clearance bin. 9.5ft though
cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Back