shaw or telus

Don't do it. Contracts suck. I just reduced my shaw cable and internet to 105$/month and I have pretty much all the HD channels, 1 premium channel and the 10mgb internet. My friends that have TELUS complain about it a lot. The cool thing is the pvr ability.

Sent from my HTC

I got telus not to happy with it the boxes always act up and got to reset them.

all my friends who did the telus cheap program 15/15/15 were absolutely shocked after there 6 months were over with there bill !

if you are with shaw right now and are renting there pvr they will sell it to u for $99 and no more $20 rental a month!

Was on Telus but was on my last months of my contract
Talked to a competitor gave me a price on a package deal, returned to telus & the call center in a different country matched better.
Talked to the competitor & said telus gave me better, So then I spoke to a manger in charge @ telus ...................then so no !!!!!!!

In the end I received the best deal that I could muster!!!!!;):p:(;)

Hmm, reminds me I have a call to make, as my shaw package deal just ran out. I have been playing the shaw/telus game for a few years now. Go with one until the deal runs out, then go to the other for a new deal, and so on. The key for shaw, apparently, is that after 6 weeks away you are considered a "new customer" again and eligible for the deals. Kind of sucks that's the way it works, they should really reward their current customers, not just new customers ... but that's how it is.

Last time I signed with telus for 3 years, got a dell laptop that still works. I actually had no complaints about service, worked just as well as shaw. Though in moving to shaw now, I am shocked at download speed....under 5mins for a movie download, have it by the time popcorn's ready.

One key to the switching program....you can't use the shaw.ca or telus.net email addresses, makes it a hassle to switch....get a gmail or yahoo or hotmail account instead.

Oh, another thing...we used to cancel our cable every summer (after nux out of playoffs). Don't get suckered in by the seasonal plan, where they charge a fee to re-connect...better to cancel, then restart as a new customer!

So much for the old adage that "it's easier to keep a customer than find a new one". These companies don't work under that motto.

That being said, I am a long time Shaw customer, when I have trouble (which is very rare) or I have to phone to register new hardware, my experience has always been good.

A buddy recently switched to Telus from Shaw to get some new deal that was going to save a hockey sock full of money for them/year.... long story short, after 3 weeks of complete CHAOS with the hardware from Telus, they switched back. Slowwwwww internet speed was the main issue but there were others as well. Snotty customer service reps blaming the fact that they had a Mac and not a PC was mostly it.

Parked my Shaw email addresses on a relative's account in June 2010 when we cancelled our Shaw account. Have switched back and forth between Shaw and
Telus and Cox Communications when we are in Arizona since. Still use my original Shaw email account on all of the services. When we cancelled in 2010 I went to Shaw and asked if I could keep the email address and would have paid a small fee to do it. The rep said it was not possible but then told me about parking it on another account.

ill tell you all about customer service at telus.Just hold your phone to your ear for about an hour or until your phones batteries die.Try again after you cool down.when you do get through you will find out that it will be a few months to get it fixed,but dont worry they will give you one month free for three months with no service.Shaw took seven days to install new service.Dont go there telus sucks

Back