SFI Fishing App - just launched

tincan

Just got an email from SFI announcing the release of their brand new fishing app.

I just downloaded it from the App Store on my iphone (don't think it's available for Android yet) and I'll be interested to test it out. At first glance it appears to have the following functionality:
-acts as a digital license (there is a catch log, etc). it has my license number stored
-has species ID
-has updated regs (still need to try this part out). I already had to sync my app in order to download new regs
-has charts with RCA's, fishing areas, etc.

from the email I just got:

"British Columbia's free tidal waters (saltwater) sport fishing app, created by the Sport Fishing Institute of BC in partnership with Fisheries and Oceans Canada and supported by the Pacific Salmon Foundation."

FishingBC - App SFI PSF.JPG
here's what the app looks like for when you are searching, FYI. Pretty cool looking design, IMO. Will be interesting to see how many guys/gals use it and how user-friendly it is.... can't be worse than DFO website though!!! :)

Shouldn't be the case, it says its compatible with iOS 8.0 and later with iPhone, iPad and iPod. Problem downloading it or opening it after?
I went to the app store on my iPhone - found it and downloaded. Went to the store on my iPad - not there. When I go to my "purchased apps" on my iPad, it's not there.

I was able to download it onto my iPad by following the link from their Facebook page. Pedder bay resort has released a link as well. Seems like a great App!

Back