SFBC's Offical 2018-2019 Hockey Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crawford beat the Wild last night 3-1. If Crawford wasn't back we'd be a lock for a high draft pick.

I must say the Jets are one good hockey team! The Canucks I am afraid are heading straight to the 2019 Hughes draft lottery. Markstrom, man oh man. They look totally spent and now they head back on the road again in California for 3 games in 4 nights. That will be 17 road games and 9 at home, no other team comes even close. Definately they have a legitimate beef with the NHL scheduler. On a brighter note the December schedule looks much better and possibly some injured players will return.

Agree Drink,

The canucks are not going to be so bad for much longer. They have some good young talent and are a couple key players and a top 10 netninder fron being a playoff contender next season.

Leafs won again today. This is without their best player who is practicing now, so I’m feeling confident that the wins will keep piling up.

Ok everyone tip toe lightly today as FishT gets a little grumpy when his Nucks **** the bed for 6 in a row :D Loved the Leafs game the reffing was the best i have seen in ages, put the whistle in the pocket and let the boys decide the outcome, good fast hockey, no cheap ****, not a single penalty called. Nucks should do well on the Cali trip, i mean the Leafs just swept Cali so anyone can ...right:p

As a longtime Canuck fan I must admit the Jets and Leafs are the 2 premium Canadian teams. In my opinion the Jets need nothing and the Leafs are short just 1 top end defenceman to do some major damage in the playoffs.

I see Edmonton fired McLellan this morning and hired Hitchcock. Not so sure this will stop the haemorrhaging.

Last edited:
I must say the Jets are one good hockey team! The Canucks I am afraid are heading straight to the 2019 Hughes draft lottery. Markstrom, man oh man. They look totally spent and now they head back on the road again in California for 3 games in 4 nights. That will be 17 road games and 9 at home, no other team comes even close. Definately they have a legitimate beef with the NHL scheduler. On a brighter note the December schedule looks much better and possibly some injured players will return.
Markstrom and Del Zotto are on the team to make sure they tank for Hughes

I see Edmonton fired McLellan this morning and hired Hitchcock. Nor so sure this will stop the haemorrhaging.
Agreed-as much as I admire Hitchcock's work over the years I don't think there's much he can do-short or long term.

Eight coaches in ten years means problems in management.

Too many FOG (friends of Gretzky) in Edmonton . Were all disappointed here in Calgary that the McLellan got fired ,we very happy with the way things were going. Wonder if Kevin Lowe is still cleaning the toilets in the all the sky boxes???

MacTavish and Chirelli have made sure they will suck for many years with theirs ****** drafting and stupid trades

Canucks defence are all giveaway machines, even Tanev has coughed it up several times vs Ducks. Will Canucks ever win again?

Poor poor Tanev having to play alongside Pouloit who had a brutal night. Left side defence is a mess. Marky, one bad goal other than that was solid and had many outstanding saves as the overall defensive play was pathetic. They all seem to be stick checkers and were continuously out of position. Chinese fire drill I-am afraid.
Puck seems to die with Louie and time for him to get the Gagne treatment. Gagne was effective tonight so maybe it's time for Louie to face the music.
7 in a row and no mercy in site. Maybe I should instead start watching Dancing with the Stars.

Supposedly my Leafs did a great impression of the Nucks the other night, looked pretty good at doing it :p Looking forward to tonights game Torts will have his boys stoked. What are the odds of the Nucks making it 10 in a row, Stizzla you making a bet on that one :D

Supposedly my Leafs did a great impression of the Nucks the other night, looked pretty good at doing it :p Looking forward to tonights game Torts will have his boys stoked. What are the odds of the Nucks making it 10 in a row, Stizzla you making a bet on that one :D
They sure showed those Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back