SFBC's 2019-2020 NHL Hockey Thread

I sure hope Ferland starts to figure out what he's doing. Right now he's looking lost out there. No hitting to speak of, I wonder if he's a bit hurt.

He probably is in that he's playing for the Nucks. :p Hurricanes, Flames and then the Nucks.....it's like a repetitive ball kicking year after year.

Why didn't he drop the gloves???

Gritty would.

He probably is in that he's playing for the Nucks. :p Hurricanes, Flames and then the Nucks.....it's like a repetitive ball kicking year after year.
If he keeps playing this soft he'll be getting traded to the Flyers in no time :cool:

Well the Canucks hung in there last night against a strong St. Louis team. Second period we had some defensive coverage breakdowns and paid the price. Demko had an excellent 3rd period in particular and nice to see Ferland show his intensity. Horvat off to a typical slow start but hopefully that 3rd period goal will get him going.
Resilient and highly entertaining game against a well coached St. Louis team.

Ferland must be a bit of a fan of the Sportsfishing BC forum. He heard what we were saying and started to hit some people and got himself a goal. Helpful advice can come from the most unlikely places :rolleyes:

Well the Canucks hung in there last night against a strong St. Louis team. Second period we had some defensive coverage breakdowns and paid the price. Demko had an excellent 3rd period in particular and nice to see Ferland show his intensity. Horvat off to a typical slow start but hopefully that 3rd period goal will get him going.
Resilient and highly entertaining game against a well coached St. Louis team.
Yup good test for the Nuks, they are an improved team from last year. Not sure how far that will take them this year ,maybe they might get lucky like Flames did last year.

The good: Demko, Sutter, maybe Hughes
The not so good: Top line, Virtanen, Ferland invisible
The ugly: PP
Devils Blackwood, again got the bounces against the Canucks, effort was there but no finish. When Sutter is one of your better players ? The puck died on Edler all game on the PP until Hughes joined the first unit. BB6 and EP40 not getting it done this game. On to the Rangers who hopefully still play an more open offensive

Crazy, scary third as Rangers alarm clocks woke them up and the Canucks obliged. Everyone standing around thinking rather than defensive man coverage. Fantastic first 2 periods, 3rd very disappointing. Good on Markstrom holding the team in it as we got lucky. Green needed a timeout, Virtanen I felt had a good overall game. Maybe some slack with playing the day b4 as they seemed exhausted in the 3rd. No travel though.On to Detroit.

Will take it in while the going is good for our Canucks. Clicking on all cylinders and no substantial injuries with a more relaxed schedule than last year. With lots of road games on the horizon with 1 home game in between which may as well be another road game so we will see what transpires. Then there's our Leafs who don't leave their time zone until Nov. 19th. By then 14 home, 9 away so our preferred sons will eventually pay the piper. I guess I should just get over it and except the fact that a few eastern teams are favoured, especially for Saturday night. Lol

Great game, highly entertaining against a tough St. Louis team. Not the best result but I will take it especially Marky's response on the OT goal. Now on to a tough eastern road trip.

Great game, highly entertaining against a tough St. Louis team. Not the best result but I will take it especially Marky's response on the OT goal. Now on to a tough eastern road trip.
Chicago? Not that tough anymore

Chicago? Not that tough anymore
Agree for sure about Chicago but I was referring to 10 away games in November vs 5 at home with Chicago and Winnipeg being back to back. Since last week that includes 5 games of travel over 8 days. Chicago is travelling from SJ so both face the same travel, as for Winnipeg they will have played a home game on Tuesday, then Van on Friday. I guess I should have been clearer meaning a tough November schedule.

Coach should have thrown a couple guys off the bench and taken the too many men penalty.
Good idea as the play may have been called dead when Marky made the first save. Would have been interesting to what the outcome would be.
Maybe throw his mask off or turn the net to the boards. Lol

Last edited:
Back