SFBC's 2019-2020 NHL Hockey Thread

Perfect day, wet a line on the the Vedder on a gorgeous mainland morning, dropped over at a packed BC Outdoors show and the Canucks pulled out a win against a strong Avalanche team. Not pretty but if they had the intensity they had tonight, the Ottawa, Toronto and Columbus games would have been a much different story. MacEwen had a special night.

Perfect day, wet a line on the the Vedder on a gorgeous mainland morning, dropped over at a packed BC Outdoors show and the Canucks pulled out a win against a strong Avalanche team. Not pretty but if they had the intensity they had tonight, the Ottawa, Toronto and Columbus games would have been a much different story. MacEwen had a special night.
Great day!

Something is wrong when the Canucks showed so little desperation in an absolute must win game. Some credit to Torts, his team sat back with a strong defence and waited for the 2 mistakes. Well coached and played road game, 3 games in 4 nights. Canucks played well defensively in my opinion, offensively no excuses for not getting it done. You gotta wonder being outshot 9-2 to start the 3rd, is it coaching, is it leadership and what the poop was the Gaudette line doing on the ice in the last seconds of the second period? Demko was solid, Miller and Horvat didn't bring their A game and Virtanen who was on his game was under utilized for 40 minutes. Go figure? It's pretty evident now the playoffs are a pipe dream.

Last edited:
Gutsy win last night against NYI . Don't know how many unlucky goal posts Virtanen has hit this year. BB6 was a nice addition to add some offence to the Horvat line. Barzal is a scary beast, imagine if Edmonton had kept their 2015 first pick and selected Barzal? Instead traded their 16th pick and 33rd pick for Griffin Reinhart. Bad trade as Reinhart never really became an NHL fixture.

Could see the frustration in the Canucks with the lack of call from the refs... better get use to it as its that time of the year the refs put the whistle away

:)

Could see the frustration in the Canucks with the lack of call from the refs... better get use to it as its that time of the year the refs put the whistle away

:)
True as the road ahead gets tougher for the Canucks. Tanev is now out week to week and with a heavy month with 4 back to backs the upcoming Arizona and Colorado games we will be in tough. At least McKinnon is out.
Something I am not fond of as I have a need to cheer for the Oilers tonight over the Jets. What next.lol

Last edited:
No surprise here.
ES7RJDoXgAE9qv8

This is a tragedy! First round battle of Alberta was going to be one of the best playoff series ever

This is a tragedy! First round battle of Alberta was going to be one of the best playoff series ever
The 1980's were epic but yea this year would have been real good.
I have a friend from Toronto that use to dread when his team came out west because he knew it would be a string of L's when they played Calgary, Edmonton then Vancouver.

I feel like hockey is never going to come back..... Can't believe its only been three weeks and it feels like a year.

Back